Alta California gold..

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just had to get out of the house today.. I feel weak I really haven't had an appetite and my mouth stills hurts. I have been using Ensure to help but it doesn't help nearly as real food.. I arrived in Alta just before dawn. I was going to take a easy day prospecting and just checking out trails in the area that split off the pickering bar trail.. So much cool stuff. So many trails to explore. This morning I took some time an perched myself on a rock.. I needed a rest I was feeling fatigued. Anyway I couldn't help but remember when I and my brothers were young.. We all loved exploring and we were always fighting with sticks on the top of cliffs mimicking swashbuckling movies..(princess Bride was one are favorite movies as a kid).. Hell I still love it. I took my time getting to the river. Finding another route form Pickering trail I managed to get to the river near the existing trail..Figures.. Not a soul in the area.. I could see the camp on other side of the river just visible thru the tree line.. The Fulltimer of the area.. I suspect he was in town but I didn't check on him as I wasn't up for crossing the river.. I did some panning for a couple hours I did well for the time spent prospecting..1.8 grams was the total.... Pickering bar seems to have some nice heavy gold for their size.. For a change it weighed heavier then it looked.. I look forward to my next trip to the area I can't wait to put in some real work. Another day I suppose.. I ended up taking Pickering Bar trail back the whole way up.. It took me 3 times longer then normal. I don't ever being so exhausted after a trip.. Oh well I am almost tip top. The weather is so nice. Sorry about the camera I got a new one and I figured I knew how to work it. I did not so I had some issues with it today.. I got a Sony Handycam once I figure it out is should take some nice sharp vids. I hope I don't break it.. Getting to be a little costly these cameras.. Well I hope everyone is going to have A SCARY HALLOWEEN and getting some gold..

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even bad days are good if your hardy! referencing you not feeling well,nice locale man, gold is alittle chunky,very nice.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely NUTTN' beats a day out n' the boonies conjuring up long lost memories of dayz of old.Life, and mining, were sooo much easier then. Nice lookn' lil' bit a gold too. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread