black sand

preshrunkmilk

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never ran across an area that doesn't have black sand somewhere in the stream

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes! Blacksand has nothing to do with gold.

Gold is usually found with blacksand only because of its weight. The heavier materials like to settle in the same areas.

Last edited:

preshrunkmilk

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there actually spots where you can't find black sands when panning it down? Cause I ve only panned in a few states but from lakes to creeks seems like all sand when panned down have some black sands in them.

OP
OP
C

cjg20232

Greenie
Oct 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info the creek im on I cant find no history of there even being gold in it.but never know tell you try.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
dig deep!i worked a ordinary ole Missouri farm creek with that orange pourous rock just to try out a 5 inch dredge for a friend that was going to take it to Alaska. we went down deep untill he needed to install his hooka(hadnt gotten around to doing that yet) the next week he went down even deeper into that hole.he went through several clay layers(3) that were 10 inchs thick and he was down about6-7 feet deep and he found fine gold in that creek that "dont" have any gold in! just goes to show you,you never know untill you try!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread