Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I for one still think Todd is a fool on a fools mission. I noticed during the "mutiny" meeting that one of the guys that spoke up was Todds' cousin. What's the matter Hoffman? Can't get anyone else to help you so have to you drag in family? Only smart thing I saw from Todd was to get the bikes to get around the claim.

The Dakota Boys... What can I say about them? I can understand Fred wanting to get to the bottom of that hole for a couple of reasons. First they've been at it for what.... Three seasons now? Second if they do hit the bottom without getting someone killed in the process it should make for a great payday. O.S.H.A. inspectors would have a field day at their dig site.

Parker is trying to do a mans job this season. (Not that running grandpa Johns' mine was a piece of cake) He's a smart kid with ambition which in this day and age says a lot. How many other 19 year old kids would even think of taking on something like this? I sure don't know of any. Sure he's been making mistakes but that's part of the learning process and really they've been small so far. He had the sense to call in someone that has had experience in the Klondike. That it turned out to be one of Todds' old crew I found interesting. At least it wasn't James Harness with all his medical drama. Parker, Greg and the rest of the crew seem to be firing on a few more cylinders now and should soon be up to speed. I'd like nothing more than to see Parker succeed. Pay back Mom and Dad as well as pay off Todd for the crap equipment he sold him.

707Dut

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect but I think Parker is a spoiled kid.Grandpa owns a gold mine Dad owns a road construction company he has been handed everything.He plays around in his heavy equipment and lets everybody else do all the real work an gets all the credit.Parker is the only one with nothing of his own on the line so what if he doesn't succeed back to grandpa's to get another jar of gold.When I was 18 I already had 3 yrs as a carpenter and gramps didn't give me 100k to get started.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect but I think Parker is a spoiled kid.Grandpa owns a gold mine Dad owns a road construction company he has been handed everything.He plays around in his heavy equipment and lets everybody else do all the real work an gets all the credit.Parker is the only one with nothing of his own on the line so what if he doesn't succeed back to grandpa's to get another jar of gold.When I was 18 I already had 3 yrs as a carpenter and gramps didn't give me 100k to get started.

I had to laugh when they said he was using his entire college fund :tongue3:
My guess he is just using mad Money.

And as for Beets , he may be a pro, but I still don't like his attitude.
his tuff Guy Image, doesn't impress me

707Dut

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tough guy role is so tired.Everybody I meet these days is the biggest baddest mutha you have ever seen.I got 15yr old kids staring me down as I drive down the street.Such a joke.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Sooo old! I dont like bad boy roles either. After seeing tod and his crew on dirtbikes its apparent that the show has little to do with finding gold and more about making a show...

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get wearied by this show. I love seeing the gold cleanouts and running the wash plants...but, all the "drama" crap gets a little unnerving.

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tough guy role is so tired.Everybody I meet these days is the biggest baddest mutha you have ever seen.I got 15yr old kids staring me down as I drive down the street.Such a joke.

Yeah, I'd like to *****-slap Todd and stuff a rag in Parker's mouth...grow up punk! The Dakota boys are first class idiots. I give up on this show.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sooo old! I dont like bad boy roles either. After seeing tod and his crew on dirtbikes its apparent that the show has little to do with finding gold and more about making a show...

Was funny when Todds old man Wrecked though :laughing7:

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw an ad, Bering Sea Gold under the Ice debuts next week.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to laugh when they said he was using his entire college fund :tongue3:
My guess he is just using mad Money.

And as for Beets , he may be a pro, but I still don't like his attitude.
his tuff Guy Image, doesn't impress me

I got a degree on under $30K, but he has $140K in his college fund? Maybe he should have attended a mining college...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw an ad, Bering Sea Gold under the Ice debuts next week.

I don't see anything listed on my online Guide yet.
Must be 2 weeks

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Todd's crew drug more Trommel down there that what is needed for that country. Too big and too hard to move for that wet land.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's episode really highlighted how inexperienced and immature Parker is. He was all over Remsberg over him slowly loading the wash plant when the foreman said flat out that Little Blue could not handle the volume Parker wanted. Now I do fault Greg for not standing up for himself and saying Little Blue is a fragile POS and he could not load it too fast. But still, Parker is coming off like a prick this season.

Todd is the very definition of fail. What an idiot.

Looks like Dakota Fred is in for a good year, at least.

MinerFortyNiner1952

Nov 18, 2013
San Jose, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My money is on Dakota Fred and Dustin. They are running a smaller operation with less overhead and they know there's more gold in the bottom of that hole. Let's hope they can get it out safely without someone being crushed by a falling boulder.

Todd Hoffman is being his usual lame ass self. One blunder after another. If it weren't for Freddy Dodge and Dave Turin bailing him out last year, he'd be broke and back home. Now that he's leaving South America to be with family, the operation is in good hands and has a decent chance for success.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i love the gold shows, the only one I have a hard time watching is ghost mine.
And anything that deals with the cameraman or backstory, I don't give a crap about your corns, or your kids, your morphine addictions etc. or how hard it was to get the shot.

I like Tony Beets. He's a no bull crap guy that knows his stuff. He will show Parker the promise land (so long as Parker treats Tony's daughter right, lol).

I too think the Dakota boys will pull it off this year, if they can't get it out of that deep hole they can always go uphill for a little hard rock mining. (I think its going to be worth it to build a dang bridge or something)

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe the Hoffmans went home simply because they wanted to see their families. There's no emergency, they just wanted to go home. Those other guys should do the same.

Wish to hell Discovery would let Turin run the show and ditch the Hoffmans.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe the Hoffmans went home simply because they wanted to see their families. There's no emergency, they just wanted to go home. Those other guys should do the same.

What?! No way! There's no possible way they'd fly home just because they're home sick. I truly cannot believe that.

In fact, I don't.

I didn't believe the reason for the first guy leaving in season 1 either.

It's a scripted drama.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think they edit the show in different order then progress happened.

My Guess they already produced over 20 Ounces, Before he took vacation.
or failed.
but for dramatics, They twisted things for the show.
and are going to make it look like he goes away & all goes down hill.
or dave came through.

Maybe the old man needed his Morophine fix.

I doubt any of them took vacation before all was up & producing,
or all hope was lost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread