Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: What did the ancients know about prospecting for gold ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2013
    Moore, Oklahoma
    39 times
    Prospecting
    By traveling to the future and watching Todd Hoffman and then doing the opposite?

us
    Jul 2013
    MA
    Pans and sluices.
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabbit79er View Post
    Yep Ancient ET showed us how to find gold.
    As unlikely as it is, it is interesting to think about and can be a good mental exercise. Given the number of things that have happened in this vast universe since the dawn of time, stranger things have happened. We grow the most when we realize that something we once considered absurd is actually the truth. A closed mind is much less likely to realize such things.

You would think that for beings able to travel many light years, there would be far easier ways to obtain gold. If early man was bred to find gold, it was likely for a different reason. When we teach a dog to fetch a ball, it is not because we want to gather a bunch of balls. The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.
    Last edited by GoldDoozah; Nov 06, 2013 at 10:09 AM.

Mar 2011
    123 times
    I'm a Dowser myself Bubba. I used rods to locate a friend's engagement ring she lost while mowing the yard. Took me all of about five minutes to pinpoint the ring. I amazed the guys at the fire department with demonstrations of how the rods worked. I must have impressed someone, because my personal locker was jimmied open and a set of rods were stolen. They were only a set of bent wire cloths hangers, so i wasn't especially angry about it. Nor did the theft of the rods guarantee anyone's chances of finding riches. It appears to me, either you have the talent to use the rods or you don't. I've seen people who picked it up in seconds and others who couldn't use the rods no matter how long they tried. Nor does it matter whether you are predisposed to believe the rods work or not. If seen non believers use them and be instantly converted. And i've seen believers who simply couldn't make the rods work. I have noticed many dowsers i've met seem to have a common problem with wearing wrist watches. If the back of the watch makes contact with their skin, the watch stops running after about a week and nobody (not even a watch maker) can fix it. I have to wear sport's watch wrist bands for this very reason.
    bedrock bubba likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    San Anselmo, Ca
    BH, GB2
    700 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewCatfish View Post
    I'm a Dowser myself Bubba. I used rods to locate a friend's engagement ring she lost while mowing the yard. Took me all of about five minutes to pinpoint the ring. I amazed the guys at the fire department with demonstrations of how the rods worked. I must have impressed someone, because my personal locker was jimmied open and a set of rods were stolen. They were only a set of bent wire cloths hangers, so i wasn't especially angry about it. Nor did the theft of the rods guarantee anyone's chances of finding riches. It appears to me, either you have the talent to use the rods or you don't. I've seen people who picked it up in seconds and others who couldn't use the rods no matter how long they tried. Nor does it matter whether you are predisposed to believe the rods work or not. If seen non believers use them and be instantly converted. And i've seen believers who simply couldn't make the rods work. I have noticed many dowsers i've met seem to have a common problem with wearing wrist watches. If the back of the watch makes contact with their skin, the watch stops running after about a week and nobody (not even a watch maker) can fix it. I have to wear sport's watch wrist bands for this very reason.
    Why not make a video of you dowsing with some controls and how efficiently you can find gold/jewelry etc to prove it works? Nobody ever has backed up their dowsing claims with proof that I have seen despite the countless stories... so I am a hardcore non-believer
    "The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

us
    digger indian

Jul 2013
    spring texas
    fisher 1265
    656 times
    Prospecting
    as long as i have a good working metal detector i think i'll leave the rods to someone else, but i do use them to find water lines and have played with dowsing rods and gold and silver targets that i planted.
    there is something to them, dowsing maps? and photos? i dunno, wth my metal detector i get all the cool junk.
    Jimmydolittle likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links