63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One night of exposure under somewhat better conditions was no fun. My prayers are in for Walter and his wife....................63bkpkr

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's some rugged country up there...hoping he's holed up
somewhere and just waiting to be found. They don't say
in the article if they've been to his claim yet.

Prayers for his safety, and comfort for the family.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hope for a safe return
always been my worry out alone with slippery rocks along the river banks

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugggggh,so sorry to hear that.Prayers to his family,can happen to any of us at any time.Would like to hear details so as to possibly prevent it from happening again....if it was an accident!

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
There are no words that will do. I have lost many people that I love. To loose a fellow miner is a serious thing for us. We all have stories of near misses and close calls. Most of us guys share stories like that with pride. We wear those experiences like badges of honor. We share our scars and bruises with each other because we understand. There is no one among us that does not feel loss at this mans passing. I never met the man, nor ever even heard the name, but I know the love of the hunt. I know the hardships and the fantastic highs. I will not say "at least he died doing what he loved". That wont do. I will say, I heard them streets are made of gold! Leave some for the rest of us!
From the bottom of my heart,
Rest in peace brother.

Chris

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hefty...not that its any better,just glad it wasnt foul play.......desperate meth heads are rampant

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I slip almost everytime out. I usually go alone. Take care out there guys. RIP brother.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Prayers for his family, god speed to him.... on his final journey

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is painful for those who knew him best, a loss to the heart and soul, final words that were never said, love that can not be shared and my heart felt feelings go out to his family. He is in the last great adventure now. Gods Speed.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Poor guy and especially my heart goes out to those around him. Sounds like it could have been any of us...just one slip where you fall the wrong way...and I go out alone frequently. Don't let my wife see this!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yet another example of why you need to make sure that you have some kind of communications out in the field and do regular check-ins. Condolences to the friends and family of our fallen brother miner.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Yet another example of why you need to make sure that you have some kind of communications out in the field and do regular check-ins. Condolences to the friends and family of our fallen brother miner.

I use the SPOT satillite device now, so the wife knows im ok...even sends a text to her phone...works great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread