Crevicing: I took some advice

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. So, I posted my first attempt at bedrock crevicing on my claim and took the advice of several of you to use a hand dredge to clean out the crack. My GoldnSand worked great!

I had a very enjoyable afternoon digging up and sucking out a massive crack between two huge slabs of bedrock. I found some nice gold from the ~7 gallons of material I retrieved. I didn't hit the bottom of the crevice and it looks like the snow will be flying on my claim this week, limiting any access until next May. Then, I'll have to wait until the water recedes low enough to expose this bedrock again. But, I'm hooked on this type of prospecting now, and I can't wait until next August to hit this area again.

Anyway, I took a short video for anyone interested.

BTW: the video states that it has no sound...I fixed the issue.

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats awesome IJ. I hate that the weather knocked you out of the hole. That hole will be on your mind all season long!
By the time you get back to it you will have a diabolicle scheme worked out. Sure would hate to be that rock!
Best to you and yours.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yet another reason I love living in the deserts of Arid-zona! Don't have to worry about being snowed out (or in for that matter) of our dig site. What little snow we get here might be on the ground for all of a day or two.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice claim. Nice equipment and nice gold!

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't let a little snow stop you!! Sent to me from a prospector in ID.

Here is the gold!!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold Jake....:icon_thumright:

I'm impressed by the video quality from that Iphone, too. I'm still
using ancient phone technology, as my cell phone is nearing 5 years
old now, and I won't be replacing it until it croaks. Hope to get one
that can take video like that when I do replace it.

Also, that's gorgeous country you're in...looks almost like you were
in the upper Skagit, but I know you're elsewhere far to the east.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you had some success with your Gold-n-Sand. We got one late this season and although it does have some flaws it can get the job done if you are patient and clean out the valves when they get rocks holding them open. Easy to carry and quiet. I like mine and in places where you can't use a power dredge it is better than nothing.

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing that.

Last edited:

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: Nice looking gold. You know, I have a dredge if you need some help crevicing those pesky cracks deep in the water!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup Great gold! Don't forget us Idaho guys. I am willing to work your claim for a percentage deal too. Im building that new trommel and Should be able to really run some dirt.

OP
OP
IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome IJ. I hate that the weather knocked you out of the hole. That hole will be on your mind all season long!
By the time you get back to it you will have a diabolicle scheme worked out. Sure would hate to be that rock!
Best to you and yours.

Yep...Its weighing heavy on my mind right now!

OP
OP
IdahoJake

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup Great gold! Don't forget us Idaho guys. I am willing to work your claim for a percentage deal too. Im building that new trommel and Should be able to really run some dirt.

Hey Doit. It would be great to get together next year and do some good old-fashioned Idaho digging!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it would! Omnicron would like to join up too.

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love that country! Looks like you've got some good gold and lots of bedrock to explore next season. Keep us posted:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread