jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have something that you dislike about people in the mining industry, or a person you want to trash talk about "PLEASE DON'T" post it here on TNet.
This is hurting the "SMALL SCALE" mining industry and these threads are being read by the very people that we are fighting against and they are loving the bickering and fighting and name calling and there :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:, If you feel the urge send a PM and discuss it in private.

Just my two cents worth.

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for sharing your opinion jog.

You might recall that everyone has one (opinion that is). Sometimes they might even differ from your opinion. Heck some of us are even of the opinion that mining, whether "SMALL SCALE" (?) or not, benefits from open discussion of the facts. Even when those facts involve individuals.

Thanks again for your "two cents worth". :thumbsup:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I have been reluctant to post and even stopped reading for a while after a post with limited information gave a couple of people the opportunity to assume I was to blame for my equipment to break down. The breakdown may or may not have been my fault but, the negative personal attack was uncalled for. Now I'm a big boy and can handle it (especially when the text looked like my 12 yr. old daughter posted it) and don't much care except it doesn't seem too helpful. I gain a lot of information and am thankful for the benefit of your experience and enthusiasm. These types of forums give everyone the ability to be a know-it-all, and even a tough guy when posting. The truth is, feelings are not facts and a little self control goes a long way.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been reluctant to post and even stopped reading for a while after a post with limited information gave a couple of people the opportunity to assume I was to blame for my equipment to break down. The breakdown may or may not have been my fault but, the negative personal attack was uncalled for. Now I'm a big boy and can handle it (especially when the text looked like my 12 yr. old daughter posted it) and don't much care except it doesn't seem too helpful. I gain a lot of information and am thankful for the benefit of your experience and enthusiasm. These types of forums give everyone the ability to be a know-it-all, and even a tough guy when posting. The truth is, feelings are not facts and a little self control goes a long way.

I'm sorry about that, my poor attempt at humor. I sometimes forget that what makes me laugh might not sit well with others...It's that damn dry sarcastic sense of humor I have.

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
I would have a 1000 posts on several message boards I frequent if I didn't come to my senses and delete them before posting. I have enough drama in my life then to be sucked into message board drama. The only negative PM's and negative responses I get are from New 49er members. I tell them to shut up and go away. I don't care what your side is. I personally saw the invasion on the Salmon river and how your group help destroy gold dredging

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone has the right to there opinion, I'm sure I have said my share of things that I should have not said. There is a time and a place for everything and right now with all the battles going on in the mining industry it's time to "MAN UP" and try not to tare down the ones doing the fighting weather you "LIKE" them or "NOT".

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rassen frassen double dassen moobockin freerockin moonbeams! Whew, glad I got THAT off my chest! :occasion14:

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Everyone has the right to there opinion, I'm sure I have said my share of things that I should have not said. There is a time and a place for everything and right now with all the battles going on in the mining industry it's time to "MAN UP" and try not to tare down the ones doing the fighting weather you "LIKE" them or "NOT".
Well then Jog, Why don't we just leave the new 49ers out of it. I don't think the 1872 mining law was written for "recreational miners"

707Dut

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is it hurting the mining industry.If there are shady people or clubs I personally want to hear about it and not informing other miners would hurt the mining industry.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part time recreational mining is being regulated like anything else. Just managing resources. Shame they wont let the dredgers get the mercury out of the rivers though.I think you all should have to wear a ball cap that says "RECREATIONAL". A pink one. lol.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think recreational should be taken away from mining. It sure is a bunch of work to get a small piece of gold. Whether you're detecting up and down hills and washes, dredging, or pick, shovel, classify, then sluice and pan, and then get the loose gold. Then you try to get the micro gold if you're trying to get "all" the gold.
Sure is a lot of work for recreation.

It's only recreation that we enjoy it. Or the fact that it's excercise for the majority of us who will never get rich.

I guess they need to start regulating going to the coffee shop or the gym, because it's recreational. Ughhhh!

Wish they'd just regulate what needs regulating. Hell as far as dredging goes, there sure seems to be a bigger positive than negative effect on the environment.

I sure hope they let you guys do it, because it's only a matter of time till the rest of the nation gets hit.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
How is it hurting the mining industry.If there are shady people or clubs I personally want to hear about it and not informing other miners would hurt the mining industry.

It is hurting the small scale mining industry by putting it in print for ALL envirowacos/gubermint wacos to read and put into print for the courts to use against us! it has been documented many times by the enviromentalwacos and has HURT us in the courts! some of this info theyve taken from the nets have been quoted verbatum! YEP,! its read by our own gubermint and the enviromentalwacos and theyll use it against us even if it means them twisting our words against us!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
'Em screw. Lol
It's a sad state of affairs when our freedom of speech is turned against others. If hate to think that they could take others arguments online and make them (guberment) think it's part of the whole.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
'Em screw. Lol
It's a sad state of affairs when our freedom of speech is turned against others. If hate to think that they could take others arguments online and make them (guberment) think it's part of the whole.

Yes it is a sad state 0f affairs, BUT the fact is that the wacoenviromentalists and our own gubermint is doing just that! ive seen where they qoute from the web verbatum in the court documents. we screwed ourselves!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread