Upvote 0

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First I like your work your producing. I think its pretty cool. Now you got me to thinking of how to cast my special forces coin, and other coins a got in the service into gold mementos. That would be a special piece for me. Gonna have to give it serious thought and find a bunch more gold, only got a little over 3 grams saved right now.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
First I like your work your producing. I think its pretty cool. Now you got me to thinking of how to cast my special forces coin, and other coins a got in the service into gold mementos. That would be a special piece for me. Gonna have to give it serious thought and find a bunch more gold, only got a little over 3 grams saved right now.

It's not that hard once you have a few required tools. Look up sand casting kits.

If you don't have enough gold cast them in silver. If you want them gold It's real easy to gold plate over silver.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you sure have some skill with casting, I bet you could cast a very convincing nugget if you wanted to!

Last edited:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done sand casting you have to cook it in an oven before doing the casting , it's pretty easy I'm shure you could find a you tube video . I think your on the right track if your making these for yourself . I would love to get enough gold to cast a pendent out for myself . I would never think of selling it , just personal for me . Do what you want with it , if you avertise it as cast natural gold then you won't be missrepresenting it . JMHO . Who knows you may get more for it .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread