Beginner weekend prospector gets first bit of shine

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get out last weekend to take my next shot at improving finds from the last trip out. Been prospecting for a year now when I can, moved to ca gold country a couple of years back was always interested in gold but never had the opportunity to even try my hand at panning before. Soon after the move I became real eager to try to find some for myself. Was new to the area not knowing anyone around to ask were to go or teach me any thing about it, but didn't let that stop me, did some research online went out bought a pan and went exploring by myself lucked out found a lil creek on what looked to be on blm to me and I could tell someone else had been digging there so dug up my first bucket brought it home panned it down and sure enough my first lil flat piece sense then I have been hooked and can't put it down love the feeling of being the first to set eyes on each little piece can't get enough! So sense then have been doing some research, working on acquiring tools, gear, detector, sluices, finding new places to prospect and have been learning a lot by getting out there trial and error and everything else has from here on tnet so thanks a lot to everyone one here sharing all this valuable information that only come from experience. Well time to get on with the story of the trip, went out Saturday to this lil creek that i had found last spring jus my ol lab n me. Was about my fourth time trying to read and work bedrock found a lil crack to clean to the left of the rock face so broke a chunk off and realized a bigger crack was below it ended up going in and under the face about a foot each way and bottoming out on more bedrock both ways, the water was running just enough so I couldn't see what was going on under there but could at least wet classify and use my sucker. So I dug and dug scraped and sucked went home with 5 gallon bucket full panned it down today and finally got my first lil pickers! Went back Sunday for a few hours with my brother worked this crazy little cave crack were the creek bed dropped off to bedrock, but ended up being a bust only got a few lil pieces out of it. Well just wanted to share my little trip, many more to come and hh to all image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread