Northeast Georgia

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold n Gems is about the only place to really work... if you want to run equipment including a stream sluice.
All natural setting and about 3/4 of a mile of creek you can work.
They also have excavated dirt at 2 areas.
More gems than gold in the piles... if you want the best gold work the creeks.
Most of the land in GA is private.
SOME areas of National Forest allow pan and trowel only.
BUT... be careful. WMA's bleed into them and nothing is allowed there.
Also, if a designated trout stream, nothing is allowed.
Also... it's deer and bear season.
Always wear blaze orange if you do head up to National Forests.

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on where you're talking about. NE Georgia covers a lot of area my friend. North of Atlanta to Dahlonega all along the south face of the mountains in almost every creek contains chunky gold. East all the way to Clayton and then north west back up to Blairsville. Personally, if you want good gold use a map to find some target creeks near Dahlonega or any other area you choose. Then start knocking on some doors. It's worked pretty good for me. Being nice , respectful and upfront with the land owners usually helps win them over. Always offer a cut of your finds . That definitely can help. Good luck! And don't forget what GoldHog said . Words of wisdom for sure.

OP
OP
Oldyoungtimer

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Thanks goldhog and foothills gold! I was at gold and gem last weekend! Worked one of the piles they had didn't find much gold but I had fun being around other miners. I did run into a guy working his awesome gold hog set up! He offered to let us work with him and split the loot but I was so wrapped up in using my own stuff I failed to see how much we could have made! Big regret on that part. I appreciate y'all's information it's a huge help! If y'all need any help mining in those areas let me know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread