F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indy , you're wrong . I know you're Astros friend and all and it seems like you had to put your two cents worth in to validate what was said and I can appreciate that. That's what friends do. I live on the Saluda river and a state road bridge adjoins my property . State right of way goes 40 feet from center line of the bridge , both sides and 40 feet from each end of the bridge.. And it is considered public access . Legally I can't make anyone leave. I've called the cops on rowdy folks partying and have been informed with it being DOT right of way there's nothing I can do. I'm sorry you and Astro have had problems with people causing you to lose some of you private spots.
You may not have felt he was chastising but several other guys did and didn't want to say anything to the You Tube Video Prospecting Stars. Me, I could give a crap less who you are. If you are wrong, you're wrong. Now I hope I haven't pusses anyone off but if I have we can talk about it. I'm really not hard to get along with. ;-)

Last edited:

indyme2

Greenie
May 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uscphil: I thought it was an ugly, nerve wracking win but I'll take it! Go Cocks!

Doug: I didn't realize I am a "You Tube Video Prospecting Star." Half of my videos are not even gold related. Do I get a check? Lol! I will send you a PM this evening after work with info that may help you with the Saluda river thing. Those cops don't have a clue if the easements is 40 feet or not. Each bridge is different according to SCDOT. Hope the contact info will help.

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Indy , you mean they've been sending your check to the wrong address all this time?Seriously , I'll gladly look at the info this evening about the bridges. Thanks in advance for that but this ain't my first rodeo.
Doug

Last edited:

uscphil

Sep 21, 2013
Salem, SC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
uscphil: I thought it was an ugly, nerve wracking win but I'll take it! Go Cocks!

Doug: I didn't realize I am a "You Tube Video Prospecting Star." Half of my videos are not even gold related. Do I get a check? Lol! I will send you a PM this evening after work with info that may help you with the Saluda river thing. Those cops don't have a clue if the easements is 40 feet or not. Each bridge is different according to SCDOT. Hope the contact info will help.
It was an exciting nail biter but it was nice to see Clowney and Shaw go out like they did. SHaw had such a nice game!

Sorry if I came off as blunt in my last post. You too Astro, I am usually not thin skinned like that and never let things bother me, I guess I just felt my buddy was getting a little too much negative feedback and must have been in a bad mood. I learned some things from both of your posts so please ignore my post and post away both of you.

indyme2

Greenie
May 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good, guys. Shaw was awesome. He will be a leader and winner in anything he wants to do. Sending you a PM Doug with contact info that may help. I recently sold my property on the Middle Saluda. No gold there and the trout fishing wasn't good either!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Look guys, I came across a little harsh in tone on my post and for that I apologize. I didnt mean to sound deameaning to anyone. I tend to get a little hot blooded sometimes its my bouncer (I was head of security at a dance club for 5+ years) blood. You guys are right I did lose some killer spots to trespassers and with as hard as it is to find any spots this day in this area, I am still bitter about that. I know no one here had anything to do with that and apologize if I offended anyone.

Doug I am all for some ground like what you describe with a lease, but its already out there. All of those clubs I posted are like leases and an hour away for me which is the same as if I was going to Thermal for some chunky gold. I don't know any other gold bearing properties big enough to support multiple prospectors or with enough renewable resources to bother with. The spots I am working now, on my best days and the best ground there, still do not cover the gas expense to get there. And almost every spot I am working is close to being worked out because it was worked by others before me. 2 or 3 full time good prospectors would clean any of them out completely in a week or less.

I want all prospectors to succeed, I add new ones to the hobby everyday and help them where and when I can. I have offered before in past posts to help people under certain conditions, and many times people took me up on that offer. With work and my dog rescue project, I don't have the time to monitor all posts and help everyone anymore like I used to. If you guys look back in my posts, there was a time when I would take people out all the time to my own spots in SC for no gain to myself. I have taken out more people from our area then have posted so far in this thread. I cannot do that anymore because of various reasons. Some of it is not having the time anymore, some was losing access to ground when development came in, some because of land owners (and nervous land owners), some because the people themselves made me nervous (one guy ended up going to prison for a long time for being a very evil person) and of course, that was all before the animal rescue commitments I have now which leave me with very little free time outside of work.

And lastly, you cant blame me for being famous on youtube, I had no part in that. All I ever wanted to do was share my trips with other prospectors and take them a long for the ride on my little adventures. So hopefully no hard feelings here and we will all get out there and move some dirt and post some pics of it, and enjoy the camadrie.

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm speaking only for myself here with this response and then I'm done with it. Life is way to short to harbor any hard feelings towards anyone especially folks like us that truly love what we do. It takes a lot more than a few simple words to get me riled up. I can thank Uncle Sam and the USMC for that . They were both good parental examples for me ;-)
I think Astro, you may have gotten the wrong idea about the lease I mentioned. It won't be for a club, organization or anything on that level. No one would be working it full time until it's dry. I won't go into details now but if you'd like to know more just message me .
I hope this doesn't offend you Astro but famous Hollywood types have never impressed me much . And yes , we can all blame you for your notoriety . I think you may have played a big part in that ;-) with that being said, I can't recall a single video I didn't like.
Hope to see all you guys sometime soon.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
***group hug***

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep yours hands to yourself Kevin. I know you guys in Colorado have legal weed now but dont be trippin man !

ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm interested in giving panning a try...I live in the midlands, anyone having an outing soon

drake_sc

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2014
west Columbia sc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm new to the prospecting aspects but from my experience in fishing various rivers and creeks throughout thestate I have a good idea where to start.. I'm located in west Columbia if you would ever like to link up. I have some good equipment coming next week so it's game on.

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the prospecting aspects but from my experience in fishing various rivers and creeks throughout thestate I have a good idea where to start.. I'm located in west Columbia if you would ever like to link up. I have some good equipment coming next week so it's game on.

Drake it sounds like you and ArthurC are fairly close in proximity. .! Good luck guys!

sluicelee

Feb 21, 2013
Upcountry, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Pro, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Drake, welcome to tnet. I started out prospecting at "fishing spots" and became efficient with my pan and sluice there. I started meeting people and from there started asking landowners if I could prospect their land. You may get turned down at first, but stick with it and you'll eventually find creeks to prospect. If your in west columbia, the slate belt should run right above you and thats a good place to start looking for gold. If your not familiar with the slate belt, I would do some research online and you'll find where it runs. Happy prospecting

drake_sc

Tenderfoot
Jan 10, 2014
west Columbia sc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Drake, welcome to tnet. I started out prospecting at "fishing spots" and became efficient with my pan and sluice there. I started meeting people and from there started asking landowners if I could prospect their land. You may get turned down at first, but stick with it and you'll eventually find creeks to prospect. If your in west columbia, the slate belt should run right above you and thats a good place to start looking for gold. If your not familiar with the slate belt, I would do some research online and you'll find where it runs. Happy prospecting

I have been doing a ton of research on different locations and all of the spots I'm considering are in the belt way and very minimal access due to the terrain and private land. I'm willing to give a lot of effort , cause after this weekend I will have a ton of spare time! :-) if anyone would like tag along and help each other out , I'm all for it.

ragingrebel

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2014
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing a ton of research on different locations and all of the spots I'm considering are in the belt way and very minimal access due to the terrain and private land. I'm willing to give a lot of effort , cause after this weekend I will have a ton of spare time! :-) if anyone would like tag along and help each other out , I'm all for it.

sorry to cut in guys,im in gaffney and VERY new to prospecting.Been doing alot of research for a coupla months and working my creek a lil between the ice and rain.lol.i have alot of good signs for gold here but no color yet.of course im sure im not exactly going about it the rite way.havent even purchased a pan yet...i have ALOT of black sand and quartz,(have busted up, some only pyrite)also alot of mica,found a couple quartz veins running through granite,and picked at them some.Hopefully i can purchase a pan and sluice soon.Im temporarely outta work so i got more time than money..thx for the post,maybe somebody can give me a few pointers...

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to cut in guys,im in gaffney and VERY new to prospecting.Been doing alot of research for a coupla months and working my creek a lil between the ice and rain.lol.i have alot of good signs for gold here but no color yet.of course im sure im not exactly going about it the rite way.havent even purchased a pan yet...i have ALOT of black sand and quartz,(have busted up, some only pyrite)also alot of mica,found a couple quartz veins running through granite,and picked at them some.Hopefully i can purchase a pan and sluice soon.Im temporarely outta work so i got more time than money..thx for the post,maybe somebody can give me a few pointers...

Ragingrebel
Welcome, you are definately in a great area of SC to find some good gold.I had a couple of guys in my store last week from Gafney. They had some very promising info for your area. Message me and I'll fill you in .

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here guys real time prospecting from sunday :)
Me and uscPhil in beautiful South Carolina :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread