Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 163
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: South Carolina Gold Prospecting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #46
    us
    Jun 2009
    817
    304 times
    Look guys, I came across a little harsh in tone on my post and for that I apologize. I didnt mean to sound deameaning to anyone. I tend to get a little hot blooded sometimes its my bouncer (I was head of security at a dance club for 5+ years) blood. You guys are right I did lose some killer spots to trespassers and with as hard as it is to find any spots this day in this area, I am still bitter about that. I know no one here had anything to do with that and apologize if I offended anyone.

    Doug I am all for some ground like what you describe with a lease, but its already out there. All of those clubs I posted are like leases and an hour away for me which is the same as if I was going to Thermal for some chunky gold. I don't know any other gold bearing properties big enough to support multiple prospectors or with enough renewable resources to bother with. The spots I am working now, on my best days and the best ground there, still do not cover the gas expense to get there. And almost every spot I am working is close to being worked out because it was worked by others before me. 2 or 3 full time good prospectors would clean any of them out completely in a week or less.

    I want all prospectors to succeed, I add new ones to the hobby everyday and help them where and when I can. I have offered before in past posts to help people under certain conditions, and many times people took me up on that offer. With work and my dog rescue project, I don't have the time to monitor all posts and help everyone anymore like I used to. If you guys look back in my posts, there was a time when I would take people out all the time to my own spots in SC for no gain to myself. I have taken out more people from our area then have posted so far in this thread. I cannot do that anymore because of various reasons. Some of it is not having the time anymore, some was losing access to ground when development came in, some because of land owners (and nervous land owners), some because the people themselves made me nervous (one guy ended up going to prison for a long time for being a very evil person) and of course, that was all before the animal rescue commitments I have now which leave me with very little free time outside of work.

    And lastly, you cant blame me for being famous on youtube, I had no part in that. All I ever wanted to do was share my trips with other prospectors and take them a long for the ride on my little adventures. So hopefully no hard feelings here and we will all get out there and move some dirt and post some pics of it, and enjoy the camadrie.
    indyme2 likes this.
    Sample till you find the hot spot, then mine it till its gone! Then start over...

  2. #47
    us
    Doug

    Jun 2013
    Marietta,S.C.
    Garrett
    102
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I'm speaking only for myself here with this response and then I'm done with it. Life is way to short to harbor any hard feelings towards anyone especially folks like us that truly love what we do. It takes a lot more than a few simple words to get me riled up. I can thank Uncle Sam and the USMC for that . They were both good parental examples for me ;-)
    I think Astro, you may have gotten the wrong idea about the lease I mentioned. It won't be for a club, organization or anything on that level. No one would be working it full time until it's dry. I won't go into details now but if you'd like to know more just message me .
    I hope this doesn't offend you Astro but famous Hollywood types have never impressed me much . And yes , we can all blame you for your notoriety . I think you may have played a big part in that ;-) with that being said, I can't recall a single video I didn't like.
    Hope to see all you guys sometime soon.
    Astrobouncer likes this.

  3. #48
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting
    ***group hug***

  4. #49
    us
    Doug

    Jun 2013
    Marietta,S.C.
    Garrett
    102
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Keep yours hands to yourself Kevin. I know you guys in Colorado have legal weed now but dont be trippin man !
    drake_sc likes this.

  5. #50
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

    Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    6,723
    10446 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothills Gold View Post
    Keep yours hands to yourself Kevin. I know you guys in Colorado have legal weed now but dont be trippin man !
    LoL! (Puff, puff) ;-)
    drake_sc likes this.

  6. #51
    us
    Mar 2013
    South Carolina
    Whites M6 Whites MXT Whites 6000 di pro sl (Old but a Coin Killer!) Whites Bullseye TRX Pin Pointer Whites Bullseye 2 Pin Pointer
    105
    51 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm interested in giving panning a try...I live in the midlands, anyone having an outing soon

  7. #52
    us
    Jan 2014
    west Columbia sc
    5
    2 times
    Prospecting
    I'm new to the prospecting aspects but from my experience in fishing various rivers and creeks throughout thestate I have a good idea where to start.. I'm located in west Columbia if you would ever like to link up. I have some good equipment coming next week so it's game on.

  8. #53
    us
    Doug

    Jun 2013
    Marietta,S.C.
    Garrett
    102
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by drake_sc View Post
    I'm new to the prospecting aspects but from my experience in fishing various rivers and creeks throughout thestate I have a good idea where to start.. I'm located in west Columbia if you would ever like to link up. I have some good equipment coming next week so it's game on.
    Drake it sounds like you and ArthurC are fairly close in proximity. .! Good luck guys!

  9. #54
    us
    Feb 2013
    Upcountry, SC
    Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Pro, Falcon MD20
    57
    35 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hey Drake, welcome to tnet. I started out prospecting at "fishing spots" and became efficient with my pan and sluice there. I started meeting people and from there started asking landowners if I could prospect their land. You may get turned down at first, but stick with it and you'll eventually find creeks to prospect. If your in west columbia, the slate belt should run right above you and thats a good place to start looking for gold. If your not familiar with the slate belt, I would do some research online and you'll find where it runs. Happy prospecting

  10. #55
    us
    Jan 2014
    west Columbia sc
    5
    2 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by sluicelee View Post
    Hey Drake, welcome to tnet. I started out prospecting at "fishing spots" and became efficient with my pan and sluice there. I started meeting people and from there started asking landowners if I could prospect their land. You may get turned down at first, but stick with it and you'll eventually find creeks to prospect. If your in west columbia, the slate belt should run right above you and thats a good place to start looking for gold. If your not familiar with the slate belt, I would do some research online and you'll find where it runs. Happy prospecting
    I have been doing a ton of research on different locations and all of the spots I'm considering are in the belt way and very minimal access due to the terrain and private land. I'm willing to give a lot of effort , cause after this weekend I will have a ton of spare time! :-) if anyone would like tag along and help each other out , I'm all for it.

  11. #56
    us
    Jan 2014
    South Carolina
    5
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by drake_sc View Post
    I have been doing a ton of research on different locations and all of the spots I'm considering are in the belt way and very minimal access due to the terrain and private land. I'm willing to give a lot of effort , cause after this weekend I will have a ton of spare time! :-) if anyone would like tag along and help each other out , I'm all for it.
    sorry to cut in guys,im in gaffney and VERY new to prospecting.Been doing alot of research for a coupla months and working my creek a lil between the ice and rain.lol.i have alot of good signs for gold here but no color yet.of course im sure im not exactly going about it the rite way.havent even purchased a pan yet...i have ALOT of black sand and quartz,(have busted up, some only pyrite)also alot of mica,found a couple quartz veins running through granite,and picked at them some.Hopefully i can purchase a pan and sluice soon.Im temporarely outta work so i got more time than money..thx for the post,maybe somebody can give me a few pointers...

  12. #57
    us
    Doug

    Jun 2013
    Marietta,S.C.
    Garrett
    102
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingrebel View Post

    sorry to cut in guys,im in gaffney and VERY new to prospecting.Been doing alot of research for a coupla months and working my creek a lil between the ice and rain.lol.i have alot of good signs for gold here but no color yet.of course im sure im not exactly going about it the rite way.havent even purchased a pan yet...i have ALOT of black sand and quartz,(have busted up, some only pyrite)also alot of mica,found a couple quartz veins running through granite,and picked at them some.Hopefully i can purchase a pan and sluice soon.Im temporarely outta work so i got more time than money..thx for the post,maybe somebody can give me a few pointers...
    Ragingrebel
    Welcome, you are definately in a great area of SC to find some good gold.I had a couple of guys in my store last week from Gafney. They had some very promising info for your area. Message me and I'll fill you in .
    ragingrebel likes this.

  13. #58
    us
    Djpitr

    Oct 2012
    S.C.
    Gold bug 2
    166
    147 times
    Prospecting
    Here guys real time prospecting from sunday
    Me and uscPhil in beautiful South Carolina

    ----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
    If you want something you’ve never had, you must do something you’ve never done.
    ----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
    The eighth wonder of the world is compound interest. - Albert Einstein
    ----------------------------------------- ------------------------------------

  14. #59
    us
    Doug

    Jun 2013
    Marietta,S.C.
    Garrett
    102
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by djpitr View Post
    Here guys real time prospecting from sunday
    Me and uscPhil in beautiful South Carolina

    Video Link: http://youtu.be/unC1IQKNpms
    Nice video !

  15. #60
    us
    Jan 2014
    west Columbia sc
    5
    2 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by djpitr View Post
    Here guys real time prospecting from sunday
    Me and uscPhil in beautiful South Carolina

    Video Link: http://youtu.be/unC1IQKNpms
    Awesome video, that area looks familiar :-)

 

 
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Gold prospecting in South Carolina
    By Cstyle00 in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2019, 05:26 AM
  2. finding gold in south carolina
    By roblisa in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2016, 10:25 AM
  3. prospecting south carolina north east ga
    By Oldyoungtimer in forum Sluicing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2013, 06:43 PM
  4. South Carolina Prospecting
    By Drew_dumas in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sep 17, 2012, 05:14 PM
  5. Gold in South Carolina???????????
    By Summerville Joe in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2006, 11:05 PM

Search tags for this page

djpitr

,

find gold in south carolina

,

gold in south carolina

,

gold panning in south carolina

,

gold prospecting in sc

,

gold prospecting in south carolina

,
gold prospecting laws in sc
,

gold prospecting sc

,

gold prospecting south carolina

,

south carolina gold findings.

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0