org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldslagger

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its already past time!

We've been at it pretty regular here- missed the past couple of weeks. Hopefully with some good weather coming soon we can do some week end camping and get a couple of good days in.

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS LONG AS YOU ARE GETTING SOME COLOR KEEP DIGGING THAT AREA JUST MOVE LITTLE BIT 2-3 FOOT TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT AND KEEP SAMPLING I WISH I COULD FIND SOME FLAKES I FIND NOTHING BUT GOLD DUST BARELY VISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE

sluicelee

Feb 21, 2013
Upcountry, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Pro, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A prospecting trip with Foothills Gold and Djpitr, taken about a month ago. Just some footage of me trying to prospect :-)

Djpitr has a video of the same trip earlier in this thread.

sluicelee

Feb 21, 2013
Upcountry, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went prospecting yesterday with Foothills Gold and djpitr. Great day and good gold :-)

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 2.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 8.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

sluicelee

Feb 21, 2013
Upcountry, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lanny, I might of worked a little too hard. At times I felt like I was making a prospecting workout video :-) The things we do for gold...

Goldslagger

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lanny, I might of worked a little too hard. At times I felt like I was making a prospecting workout video :-) The things we do for gold...

I never heard of working too hard looking for gold! My backs sore, my fingers cramp and I may pass out and fall down hiking out of the woods......;-)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great pics of a beautiful day :)

Why is he using a garden trowel to feed that Bazooka, just shake the bucket right into the sluice...takes less than a minute to do a whole bucket that way!

sluicelee

Feb 21, 2013
Upcountry, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a beautiful day, thanks for the comment Kevin :-)

There's nothing wrong scoop feeding a bgt, gotta let that trap have time to process the material. Why not sit back, relax, and enjoy the outdoors. No need to get that gold greed :-) Dumping a 5 gallon bucket of classed material will surely lose you some gold.

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was nice day

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was a beautiful day, thanks for the comment Kevin :-) There's nothing wrong scoop feeding a bgt, gotta let that trap have time to process the material. Why not sit back, relax, and enjoy the outdoors. No need to get that gold greed :-) Dumping a 5 gallon bucket of classed material will surely lose you some gold.
Gold greed...LOL good point.

However you'd be amazed at how fast you can feed material into a fluid bed as big as the Prospector. One minute for a mostly full 5 gal really is slow enough!! You can judge it by how the material is flowing into the fluid bed from the skid plate...if material starts to backup then naturally you want to slow down but otherwise, dump 'er in! That said, you are certainly right that slower is fine and a nice way to enjoy the day :-)

I once ran into a sand deposit that surprisingly did have quite a bit of very fine gold in it. I ran a dozen 5 gal buckets of that material at full speed. I would dig two buckets, dump them both in and walk 5 yards back to my hole for more. This means the bazooka did have a 2-3 min break between doses of material. It was fast work and caught plenty of fine gold in my Prospector with zero losses in samples of the tailings...wow right?!

sluicelee

Feb 21, 2013
Upcountry, SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kevin, the prospector can gobble some gravel :-) Its hard to go wrong with a fluid bed sluice - feeding slow or fast.

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some gold from my hole :)

Sluicelee have pictures and videos , i didnot make any from the trip .

Attachments

• image-3716091917.png
    image-3716091917.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 140
  • image-891686967.png
    image-891686967.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 156

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Ct98023

Greenie
Jan 4, 2014
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for continuing to share these adventures. You guys certainly are enjoying what you do and it shows. Great to see and a good boost of positive spirit for all of us. :thumbsup:
-G

Goldslagger

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some gold from my hole :)

Sluicelee have pictures and videos , i didnot make any from the trip .

I think that hole is gonna come out at the other end under a gold mine in China !!! I think I saw a panda ;-)

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im digging Swimming pool , for summer when we will camp there :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread