South Carolina Gold Prospecting

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
I'm from walhalla just been getting into prospecting for the last year. Got the fever bad! Let me know if you got any questions.

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been prospecting for over 40 years off and on and I still end up with a puzzled look on my face every now and then! Like the original post said, just trying to start some talk for local folks like you and me . Who knows, we may all learn something and meet some new friends and partners in high crimes !

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.~}#%#{

Attachments

• image-160535297.jpg
    image-160535297.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 538
  • image-3014352739.jpg
    image-3014352739.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. As you're sitting back after feasting , remember how we all got here and give a little more thanks !

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hope you all find a bunch! i havent made it to sc yet,but have been all over just north of ya.

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know the next time your close again. Maybe we can do a little diggin loco !

uscphil

Sep 21, 2013
Salem, SC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey DOug

Can you take some more pics of that river lol.. That one piece isn't helping much but it looks nothing like the creek at campbells covered bridge lol!

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a little ole creek about 3 feet wide in the water. I'll take you up there sometime when deer season ends.

jwkauffman

Dec 4, 2013
Mauldin, S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live south of Mauldin and enjoy all types of prospecting and treasure hunting. Would love to find some partners to go with. P.S. I am still a beginner and always trying to learn something new.

Dec 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Spartanburg area. Any good ideas on where to prospect? I'm new and have found about 10 flakes and 4 pieces that are alot bigger than flakes but smaller than pickers. I just started about a month ago. I was wondering if I should keep trying the creek where I've been or if anyone else had any places locally that would be better.

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Spartanburg area. Any good ideas on where to prospect? I'm new and have found about 10 flakes and 4 pieces that are alot bigger than flakes but smaller than pickers. I just started about a month ago. I was wondering if I should keep trying the creek where I've been or if anyone else had any places locally that would be better.
Goldhunter
If you've found some decent gold at the creek you're at , keep at it. I know there's some good spots in Spartanburg county but just saying Spartanburg covers a lot of area. Message me and I can give you one good place I know of.

OP
OP
F

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live south of Mauldin and enjoy all types of prospecting and treasure hunting. Would love to find some partners to go with. P.S. I am still a beginner and always trying to learn something new.

JW , there's not many of us from the upstate on TNet it seems. We all need to get together sometime soon and pool our resources.

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Count me in too , i live in Greenville and like to meet some local prospectors , it get lonely sometimes :) , i usually prospect around Mccormick , Abbeville , and like to move up this summer more up around Oconee county .

This is from my last time out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread