Yankee Jim Gold

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
Me and my cousin went out to the Yankee Jim's area and had a great time getting some yellow stuff. These are pictures of my cousins gold....I didn't take take pics during my cleanup...to lazy I guess..but got about the same amount of fines and a few pieces less of the +30 gold. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

ForumRunner_20131117_185230.png

ForumRunner_20131117_185251.png

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done!

maplesapper

Nov 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is Jim's spot a secret spot. I am just curious cause he finds lots of nice gold.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've personally seen gold pulled from the area for over 30 years and still a great place to mutz n' putz-John

OP
OP
matthews1026

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
Thanks guys...I have some video that I will try to put on YouTube when I get home off work...just depends when the man says I can get off work.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am headed out with my brother though he has yet to pick the area he wants to go. Though I strongly suspect that we will most likely be in the area as he is quite fond of it.. I think we will end up past Indian creek and Past the Landslide area. If that's the case we will be following the sun out around 3. And will stop in for a moment.. No guarantee as I let my brother pick the spot when he comes.. Either way I wish you luck my last few vids were done on the gravel Bar before the bend in the river a little ways before Indian creek on the trail side of the river.. Still some decent gold in that area..(I am a lazy prospector) I would stay in the shallow pockets and away from the gravel bar. I doubt I have found all the good cracks . Anyway tons of good gold in the vicinity of where your headed.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice stuff fellas!! Some yellow gold is better then no gold. How far up is that from YJ bridge??

OP
OP
matthews1026

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
This is the gold I got from Yankee Jim's this past Sunday. Also met with MadMarshall and his brother and chatted for a few. Thanks MM for stopping by! Those guys were mountain goats on the trail. Took a nasty fall at shirtail creek on the icey boulders and twisted my ankle a bit so hauling buckets and the hike back was sloooowww going. Ran 4 buckets only...water was super cold. The material we were running is some nasty clay muck that takes forever to break down. Did alright I thought and it was a good day on the river.

ForumRunner_20140107_171006.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions