New PLP youtube video

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Hey all, found this new you tube from PLP trying to spread the word.. Not the best video but I'm happy they put something out. Gotta have social media in this day and age to get a point across.

Sounds like they need to raise funds for next court date in 2014.. Watch if you are interested. Good luck all and have a great week :)

Upvote 0

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We made a group donation today and posted on our Facebook page.
Hopefully we should get several 100 more donors this week for them.
Share it around.
Doc

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
We made a group donation today and posted on our Facebook page. Hopefully we should get several 100 more donors this week for them. Share it around. Doc

Very cool. Be making a donation this Thursday at the meeting as usual, Lol.

See what ole jerry has to say

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
New PLP video..

They need to get this video out to social media a bit better.. Brain storming ideas.. 33 views and a few subscribers is not going to effect anyone anywhere.. :(

Be well and hope we win this.. Starts in CA and will spread rapidity....

Mellow yellow

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.. 33 views and a few subscribers is not going to effect anyone anywhere..

Bingo.

The following is MY OPINION, and is sure to upset the vast majority of you.

The PLP is a waste of our time and money in its current form and agenda. Until we unite with the big mining companies and the large mining equipment manufacturers and retailers, we are screwed. There are just not enough of us to make anybody give a flying monkey's behind about our "cause." AND, does anybody REALLY think THIS ONE lawyer is the answer to our prayers? I know I sound harsh, and I am ready for the negative feedback, but this is how I really feel. This lonesome dove is fighting MILLIONS of dollars in a GREEN State. It's like spitting into a wind tunnel fan and not expecting to get wet. I'm not really sure I would want him representing me in a divorce, much less a multi-dimensional lawsuit against well funded, public relations savvy opponents.

Yes I know, "nobody else is fighting for our rights." So does that mean we all jump on board a train going nowhere? Or do we say to Mr. Keene and other dredge manufactures to get off their profits and ante up for a true NATIONAL lobbying organization that is willing to focus on public relations and political education rather than lawsuits that can't be won? How much of their membership fees and dues is GPAA willing to give to a NATIONAL lobbying effort? Their annual dues are how much now? Do we try and make gold prospecting a family friendly "mainstream" pastime, or continue to let social misfits that just want to, "live off the grid and be left alone" run "our" agenda?

Frustrated? Oh yeah, I'm frustrated.

OP
OP
mellowyellow

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Bingo. The following is MY OPINION, and is sure to upset the vast majority of you. The PLP is a waste of our time and money in its current form and agenda. Until we unite with the big mining companies and the large mining equipment manufacturers and retailers, we are screwed. There are just not enough of us to make anybody give a flying monkey's behind about our "cause." AND, does anybody REALLY think THIS ONE lawyer is the answer to our prayers? I know I sound harsh, and I am ready for the negative feedback, but this is how I really feel. This lonesome dove is fighting MILLIONS of dollars in a GREEN State. It's like spitting into a wind tunnel fan and not expecting to get wet. I'm not really sure I would want him representing me in a divorce, much less a multi-dimensional lawsuit against well funded, public relations savvy opponents. Yes I know, "nobody else is fighting for our rights." So does that mean we all jump on board a train going nowhere? Or do we say to Mr. Keene and other dredge manufactures to get off their profits and ante up for a true NATIONAL lobbying organization that is willing to focus on public relations and political education rather than lawsuits that can't be won? How much of their membership fees and dues is GPAA willing to give to a NATIONAL lobbying effort? Their annual dues are how much now? Do we try and make gold prospecting a family friendly "mainstream" pastime, or continue to let social misfits that just want to, "live off the grid and be left alone" run "our" agenda? Frustrated? Oh yeah, I'm frustrated.

Hey terry, your opinion is yours and can be anything u want..

I agree and disagree with some of your comments. Not gonna comment on every sentence.. I just think we are losing a battle and small scale mining will be a thing of the past. The large mining companies will pay off the environmentalist and law makers.. No worries for them. I'm just hoping to prolong the new laws coming down the pipe, and if 35 bucks a year buys me that and time , count me in.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think most everyone here agrees with a lot of what you say, but why can't we strive for both or all of the above? The reality is that if we wait, by the time everyone you've mentioned gets involved and organized it would be too late. This fight isn't new, and aside from the few manufacturers who are contributing, where have the rest and big mining been and what have they done thus far? So in the Interim why not do what we can do- support the organization's keeping us afloat and stand by the one guy who's keeping us in the game and doing quite well at it? I think I'll take my own advice now and walk away from this thread. Best wishes and take care. Hope to see you and others at the upcoming hearings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread