Bazooka gold trap 24"

Hunter397

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had a few questions about these. Looking to buy one and not sure
What size IDE be happy with. Tryin to stay on the cheaper side of things
But I'm worried about going to small and being u happy. What's the most efficient and effective
Size for the guy with a bucket and a shovel. I want to move the most material I can obviously
But I want to be able to pack it if I have to. Any size suggestions or experiences
Knowledge if I should confided a different sluice? Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would suggest the super mini. If you go to the Sluicing section of the gold prospecting forum there are a ton of threads on the Bazookas. Good choice and good luck, you will be happy with whichever one you decide on

preshrunkmilk

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask yourself a few question first.

Are you going to be able to have good waterflow? Are you going to be able to shovel directly into the sluice? Does the streams you'll be sluicing in water level drop and raise threwout the day?

If you have a constant level with good flow and will be able to shovel directly into the sluice the prospector will be abke to clear off a shovel full by the time you get the next shovel full ready to sluice. Minus any rather large rocks. I have to clear off rocks half pound and up by hand.

If you will be working away from your sluicing area I would go with the super mini just because of the fact you will have to shovel from a bucket into the sluice anyway so it will be slower. Plus carrying the mini out at the end of the day after shoveling all day will save you a little wear and tear on the body.

Which ever you decide you will love it. It has a slight learning curve setting it up but after that you'll be able to just go in set up and work. I love mine and have never had any gold lost. I regular catch gold I can only see with a loop all the way up to nice nuggets and quartz specimens too.

Good choice and I hope this info helps.

OP
OP
H

Hunter397

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinkin ill most likely be shoveling and using buckets. I think ill start a little smaller to try it out thank u for the tips!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds wise Hunter. I have both the Supermini and the Prospector. I think the comments above are right on. You can shovel directly into the Supermini, just barely but it's sure easy to carry around and doesn't need much flow of water. That said, when I can run it, I prefer the Prospector...faster = more gold!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the 48" Prospector. It's a beast! I will be adding the super mini down the road for remote bouldering and crevice work.

OP
OP
H

Hunter397

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I be worried about getting one to small and production wouldn't
Make me happy. I'm 23 done excavation since I was a kid so I can move some dirt. Just concerned about
Goin to small I suppose

preshrunkmilk

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should I be worried about getting one to small and production wouldn't
Make me happy. I'm 23 done excavation since I was a kid so I can move some dirt. Just concerned about
Goin to small I suppose

I bought a prospector first but I work on rivers mostly and I got a mini after I relized that most creeks the prospector is harder to set up because the flow in the creeks where the gold accumulates is ussally slower moving waters.

I also use the mini for testing it can move five gallons in about four mintues using a scope not a shovel and I ckassify test holes to 1/2 inch just because I'm testing and can fit more material I to the bucket. I do t have the super mini but I think it would fall right inbetween the two models and give you more processing power.

It really matters about water flow thou. These sluice will work good in almost any flow but if you have good flow they will processes matrial like crazy. I was so shocked the first time I kept testing my tailings looking for gold. I even thought maybe I was working in poor matrial and did cleanups lol. But i wasnt losing anything. don't worry they catch all the gold and heavies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread