Whats your thoughts on this?

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

I posted this in general discussion, but someone told me to try here. I am looking to see what people think on this. I am new to gold prospecting and decided to check on Google about how to do this. I came across this site that stated some guy figured out a way to remove gold from the oceans water. I have tried to look this up, but only found other sites referencing this. can anyone tel me what you think? I kind of find it hard to believe when others says it is impossible to get soluble gold out of water. This is the link New solar powered device extracts Gold from sea water. I just want to see what others think.

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sea water does contain trace amounts of gold,measured in (parts per million),but is not feasable to try and process ,just imagine trying to process large salt deposits for the gold content,these are seas already evaporated ,it might be easier and more cost effective to mine gold on the moon!

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Long time ago, I heard of an inventor who had a floating, solar powered cell off the coast of Mexico, who was getting fabulous amounts of gold from sea water.

Someone from a major energy producer approached him, and he and his machine dissapeared forever!

I think you could plate out gold onto electrodes, but i doubt solar power would provide enough current to do so. Salt water can provide current just by itself, so that can change the equation.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
there was/is a website on yahoogroups (i cant access it since yahoogroups changed) but the man (Art Corbin?) passed away a couple of years ago but the site was still up-n-running. i forgot the name of the site. but he had a device that attracted gold from water and had free downloadable plans.do a search for that site.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sea water does contain trace amounts of gold,measured in (parts per million),but is not feasable to try and process ,just imagine trying to process large salt deposits for the gold content,these are seas already evaporated ,it might be easier and more cost effective to mine gold on the moon!

I was thinking the same thing. From everything I could red since coming across the website seems to state the even if you was able to extract the gold from the sea what it would take you a long time to get any amount worth cashing in. I just found this strange yet interesting.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long time ago, I heard of an inventor who had a floating, solar powered cell off the coast of Mexico, who was getting fabulous amounts of gold from sea water.

Someone from a major energy producer approached him, and he and his machine dissapeared forever!

I think you could plate out gold onto electrodes, but i doubt solar power would provide enough current to do so. Salt water can provide current just by itself, so that can change the equation.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Interesting. The guy who they say invented this is in Mexico. Could it possibly the same guy you are thinking about? Do you remember his name? I would like to try and look this up.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was/is a website on yahoogroups (i cant access it since yahoogroups changed) but the man (Art Corbin?) passed away a couple of years ago but the site was still up-n-running. i forgot the name of the site. but he had a device that attracted gold from water and had free downloadable plans.do a search for that site.

I tried to Google what you spoke of, but was unable to find anything on it. I tried the name, as well as, searching for a yahoogroup with downloadable plans. even looked for the plans minus the yahoo group. It could be quite possible the website was delete after they close the yahoo group. I will give it another shot just in case it might be out there. A thought I did have was that after the gentleman passed away someone might have researched if he have a patent on it and since they did not find one they did what he should have done and is now profiting off of it. What do you think?

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I think if he was really pulling all that gold from sea water, he wouldnt need to sell the plans to make it to anyone.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
The electro-plating process involves a solution of devolved metal and salt. I don't know what ratio is used but it seems the more salt used the less electricity to a point. The charge is low grade or voltage I believe but I'm not sure. Is seems the exchange of solution (seawater) would be the problem. That might be done using the flow of tides. Interesting and fun to think about.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Somehow I can't help but think that this guy MIGHT be related to B.T. Barnum. You know... The guy that said "There's a sucker born every minute".

Let's face it here folks. A device that can extract gold from sea water and he's offering it for a mere $99 US + Shipping? I might have been born at night but it wasn't LAST NIGHT!!! I for one will stick to doing my prospecting the old fashioned way. Heavy equipment and high explosives! Just kidding. I'm more of a pick and shovel guy.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if he was really pulling all that gold from sea water, he wouldnt need to sell the plans to make it to anyone.

Good point, Though a company could have offered him more than what he could have made in a year. I found this kind of interesting and decided to ask people what they thought about it.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The electro-plating process involves a solution of devolved metal and salt. I don't know what ratio is used but it seems the more salt used the less electricity to a point. The charge is low grade or voltage I believe but I'm not sure. Is seems the exchange of solution (seawater) would be the problem. That might be done using the flow of tides. Interesting and fun to think about.

From what I read I think it is about 1 volt. Please correct me if I am wrong on this. I agree this is interesting and fun to think about. Helps get rid of the old cobwebs when you get the brains working. lol

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the federal gov't has already performed tests (secret?) through NOAA or Natural Resources on this concept. If anybody has experience spending
a million dollars to get back ten dollars, its our Uncle Sam. :BangHead: Seriously, its kinda like water de-salination plants, - they are doable and they exist, but are not profitable - yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow I can't help but think that this guy MIGHT be related to B.T. Barnum. You know... The guy that said "There's a sucker born every minute".

Let's face it here folks. A device that can extract gold from sea water and he's offering it for a mere $99 US + Shipping? I might have been born at night but it wasn't LAST NIGHT!!! I for one will stick to doing my prospecting the old fashioned way. Heavy equipment and high explosives! Just kidding. I'm more of a pick and shovel guy.

That was one thing I was thinking about. I did check for scams reports about this, but haven't found any yet. 2 things I am waiting to see is them being sold in Ebay like they said, and also they was talking about creating large one for oil rigs. I just thought about something. I will check to see if there are any news articles on this.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the federal gov't has already performed tests (secret?) through NOAA or Natural Resources on this concept. If anybody has experience spending
a million dollars to get back ten dollars, its our Uncle Sam. :BangHead: Seriously, its kinda like water de-salination plants, - they are doable and they exist, but are not profitable - yet.

That is true but, most of the truly profitable ideas and invention come from the private sector. The government normally prefers to spend money on things that go boom.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always hear stories of some inventor and his plans disapearing in almost every field. When I was a kid it was 500 mpg carborators. Urban ledgends. I did hear of an invention to get gold from sea water put the cost were astronomical and cost prohibitive. If it weren't gold would be worthless.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You always hear stories of some inventor and his plans disapearing in almost every field. When I was a kid it was 500 mpg carborators. Urban ledgends. I did hear of an invention to get gold from sea water put the cost were astronomical and cost prohibitive. If it weren't gold would be worthless.

I did hear about some factory in Australia that could do this as a by product, and the gold output would be like a dollar per day. I agree this is most likely a scam, but it still peeks the interest though. They did say they was waiting to get some worldwide patent for it. Does anyone know if there is a worldwide patent that is for all countries? if there is how long does it take to finalize?

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
To the best of my knowledge there is no such animal as a "World Wide Patent" You have to apply for one in each country. If patents were followed in every country then we wouldn't be having cheap knockoffs flooding or country like we do. Some countries are worse about it than others, but most couldn't care less if it's patented in the USA or not. They still allow companies to make copies and sell them. The sme goes for copyrights. The music industry has been fighting that problem for years.

OP
OP
J

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the best of my knowledge there is no such animal as a "World Wide Patent" You have to apply for one in each country. If patents were followed in every country then we wouldn't be having cheap knockoffs flooding or country like we do. Some countries are worse about it than others, but most couldn't care less if it's patented in the USA or not. They still allow companies to make copies and sell them. The sme goes for copyrights. The music industry has been fighting that problem for years.

Well this is what is they said at the end of the article. "all three items will be listed on ebay when the worldwide patent for this technology is finalized. Until then no photos of the product will be released, but can be sent by email upon request along with measurements. At this time these three products can only be purchased from this site."

I thought this would be an interesting conversation piece. Several people said they have heard of someone who figured out something like this previously. Whether the person who claimed to figure it out was just falsely bragging, or actually did discover something we may never know.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much sham/skam/flim flam. The Arabic nations and Israel desalinate BILLIONS of gallons of seawater each and every years for at leat 30+ years. They have all the cash and best technology on the planet and not 1 gram a gold to show for it. And you think this works??? Economic viability is the problem-when ya spend $100 to make $1 you don't last long,just another pipedream as the absolute biggest/best/technological plants can't even do it as a BYPRODUCT of a already functioning technology-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread