Glad to have some water back in the creek! *pics*

jeffrm20

Feb 21, 2013
CA Motherlode
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been wanting to sample on a spot on a seasonal creek I got permission to pan/sluice on. Same creek in my previous post, just about 1/2 mile further up. This area was worked previously in the gold rush by placer miners, then later on with dredges. Lots of huge tailing piles. Lots of small gold. Only had enough time before work to do one pan since the rock/sand layer is still dry and cement hard. Got one flake out of the one pan. Need to try a few more spots, since this property is about 7-10 acres with the creek running right down the center.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jeffrm20

jeffrm20

Feb 21, 2013
CA Motherlode
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River rock/sand layer I sampled

xdpm.jpg

OP
OP
jeffrm20

jeffrm20

Feb 21, 2013
CA Motherlode
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took forever to break this out, need a small pick until the ground gets saturated

38oa.jpg

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Time! are you using a grizzly of some sort?

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would be encouraged ,1 pan 1 flake,that says to me the old timers left the small stuff for ya!

OP
OP
jeffrm20

jeffrm20

Feb 21, 2013
CA Motherlode
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Time! are you using a grizzly of some sort?

Just my classifier and pan for now. Right now there isnt any running water, just stadning water in the pools, so only stuck panning right now. Cant wait to run the sluice and move a little more material.

Here is a video from the same creek last year about 200 yards downstream.

Last edited:

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How far down to bedrock? Take advantage of places usually off limits. Sample! sample! sample! Don't be greedy for big gold today.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I would run a metal detector all over the creek and tailing piles! You never know what the old timers might have missed.

Frank

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW!!! Water in a creek to work with. What a novel idea!!! ;) That's something many of us out here can only dream about. Instead we have to dream up ways of hauling water to where we are working. When we do have water it's usually doing about 60 MPH and only lasts for a couple of hours at best. (Flash Flood)

Oh.. I agree with Frank. Detect the entire area before it goes back to being under water.

OP
OP
jeffrm20

jeffrm20

Feb 21, 2013
CA Motherlode
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish a detector was in my budget, but sadly it is not. Stopped by today to look for some spots to sample. Didn't have time to play, but snapped a general area pic.

image-623421401.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
when you get some time to work that spot, id rent a electric jackhammer and chip out a lot of material to work later. it looks like itll be a sweet spot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread