AU trap stand finished

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wish I could have just bought a stand for my angus forman sluice and by the looks at the ones already made they have for sale they all look like they are made for sluices like the standard keene type sluices. I'm sure they could be modified to work but I didn't want to buy one already made then have to do more work to make it fit, I'm planning on running my forman behind my keene A51 power sluice setup as long as it will handle the water flow and I sure hope it does or I will be needing a different angus mackirk sluice that will. Here's some pic's of it and I'll have to wait till spring to give it a try.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jewelry for the livin' room. Nice work. Feed that bad boy all season long when u can!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you could spray it with that chalkboard paint and have a miller table too...
Very nice work! also, why do you have to wait until next year?

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I don't really but its pretty cold here now and the spot I really would like to go is my friends parents place and I'm not sure I could talk him into going being this cold. There's no government land here you can sluice on let alone use a shovel.

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I wish it wasn't so frozen here now.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice craftsmanship! And I agree with prospector70. You can make you stand into a miller table. Could also easily line it with rubber v matting for a clean up sluice.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really wish I could have just bought a stand for my angus forman sluice and by the looks at the ones already made they have for sale they all look like they are made for sluices like the standard keene type sluices. I'm sure they could be modified to work but I didn't want to buy one already made then have to do more work to make it fit, I'm planning on running my forman behind my keene A51 power sluice setup as long as it will handle the water flow and I sure hope it does or I will be needing a different angus mackirk sluice that will. Here's some pic's of it and I'll have to wait till spring to give it a try.

Where did you get the legs and the mounts for the legs?

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The legs I already had for another project that I went another way so I didn't use them, they are the jobe leg kit but everything else is aluminum angle, square, and sheet for the bottom.
Where did you get the legs and the mounts for the legs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread