Testing the Op with New Config

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I'd drag the camera along.
We set up this op with a special config and ran a short test.
The old op, back in the '80s, was massive. A trommel so large you could drive a truck through it.
That shut down and they built this small one they only run a few times a month.
They mainly use it to pull gravel and gems, but the gold is not bad at all.
It runs like a dredge... but is a land based system.
Kind of fun playing with this one since it's such a challenge.
Doc

Edited this post...
Found these old pictures of the big plant from the 80's
The plant took up the entire hillside.
That trommel still runs today running river gravels somewhere up north.
1455192_579643455423098_1834356447_n.jpg
482227_481661825221262_571913081_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Doc,
That test shows what can be accomplished with your matting in an extreme situation, well done. What happened with the rest of the matting And what if anything was recovered in that wooden section at the very last section just before the overburden dropped to the ground?

Thank you for your great videos, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!...........................63bkpkr

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Doc,
That test shows what can be accomplished with your matting in an extreme situation, well done. What happened with the rest of the matting And what if anything was recovered in that wooden section at the very last section just before the overburden dropped to the ground?

Thank you for your great videos, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!...........................63bkpkr

We've done several tests on the system and each time we run over 98%. Which on that thing even impresses me.
That's why I only wanted to pull the top. Plus it was cold as HECK... and didn't want to freeze anymore. lol
We catch about 85% in the first 50" even though it is very violent up there.
The new config was more so to help with the large rocks that run through the system.
They've gotten to the point that they only pull and clean the after-sluice system about once a month.
If they do long runs... they might find a very trace amount. However, they say it's just not worth the time to pull it
and clean it more often than that. A good thing I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread