My latest jig design, with video

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been working towards a portable jig for prospectors. Jigs are probably the most under-used equipment, though they work better than almost anything else when it comes to retaining fine gold, and also gems. The trouble is they're labor-intensive to build, and thus expensive, and they're usually too heavy to backpack. I'm working toward solving both, though I'm not there yet. This unit is mostly plastic, so MUCH lighter than My steel framed unit. This is a prototype, and I'm working on a new design now. Here's a few pics:
The video is here:
Newjig2.JPG Newjig3.JPG Newjig1.JPG

Upvote 0

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They're coming up with something else, not vacuum based. Shouldn't be hard to figure out you can still shoot a stream of water and not be vacuuming.[/QUOTE]
Didn't that get banned first, like around 1872? Lol.

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, guys. It's been a long battle, but I finally got the jig plans finished. They're in the classifieds for anybody interested. I did a bit of redesign work to eliminate the seal at the top, and stop the water loss. That's a big deal to me, as I usually have to haul water for the unit. There are two sets of plans. One set is simply detailed blueprints, with a few construction notes. The other set is complete assembly instructions, with 32 pictures of the process. The unit comes in under 20lbs, with pump and motor, using the motor show on the video. Will handle approximately 175lbs/hour of classified material. The auto-feeder is not included in the plans. I'm currently working on the design, for a new, lighter, simpler, smaller feeder.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions