Oregon’s worst nightmare is coming true

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Wyden forest bill, Ron Wyden releases O&C forest management to praise, criticism and 'we'll see' | OregonLive.com

Turning over vast amounts of forests to the environmentalists, hundreds of miles of new wild & scenic rivers including all the tributaries of the Rouge,
lose your claim it gone for good, major areas withdrawn from mining, millions of acres of new wilderness, consolidating the checkered board pattern of BLM lands?
Closing and decommissioning BLM roads. National Recreation Area and monuments

Section by section highlights;
http://media.oregonlive.com/mapes/other/Final OC Section-by-Section.pdf

Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there's always night time mining, will have to be done in pairs with one as a look out and of course you'll have to get dropped off so there's no vehicle setting there the whole time.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These a---oles slept in trees and put row boats in front of ships! When are we going to start doing something? I think we are all plum full of awareness -now we need organization, and direction. Although curious about my fellow Tnetters my post about occupations was more about looking for resources and recruiting help then common curiosity. Fighting to preserve our land and liberties is not what most of us do for a living, it is however the opposition's primary occupation, hobby, commitment, and passion. If we cannot equal that- put a fork in it and get used to virtual cyber mining, camping, fishing, whatever.... There are several on this board who are very involved, get in touch with them. We are getting more and more support, now we need folks with the necessary skill sets to step forward and get to work. The reality is most of us are going to see major changes in ourlifetimes, not the future predicted generations lifetime. In case you haven't figured it out by now, banning dredging, reducing use, blocking access, and on and on are steps, not individual issues. THIS IS NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORY IT IS A PROVEN FACTUAL AGENDA! The wackos we used to laugh at on the news with their peace sign rainbow adorned rafts standing in harm's way are now getting the last laugh. They are setting policy for the entire planet. UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH, GOING FOR A WALK BEFORE I STROKE OUT!
I forgot to mention they are also getting very very rich off our tax dollars and the sweat on our backs!

Last edited:

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Foaled up, please don't stroke out we need every one available with passion to fight this. I know many are involved in research about legal matters involving mining dredging and property rights. Some are involved directly in cases. This fight must continue but I know it isn't for everyone. I myself don't speak layer ease and feel like stroking out myself when reading these briefs. I think the legal aspect will always be a moving target because government officials change and they can change the law just short of the constitution. I also think our public image is a one of an ole time miner not a modern one. Changing this image may take a generation and I think it starts with an outreach to kids. A kid with a pan, how can he or she not have fun. So we teach them how to pan and in the material we put a flake or two along with a lead sinker. Now they are treasure hunting and " saving the planet ".

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Wyden forest bill, Ron Wyden releases O&C forest management to praise, criticism and 'we'll see' | OregonLive.com

Turning over vast amounts of forests to the environmentalists, hundreds of miles of new wild & scenic rivers including all the tributaries of the Rouge,
lose your claim it gone for good, major areas withdrawn from mining, millions of acres of new wilderness, consolidating the checkered board pattern of BLM lands?
Closing and decommissioning BLM roads. National Recreation Area and monuments

Section by section highlights;
http://media.oregonlive.com/mapes/other/Final OC Section-by-Section.pdf

It's on it's way to a state near you. Anyone who utilizes the natural resources on our public lands is being demonized and marginalized. Here in Idaho, the radical environmentalists and the USFS are increasingly becoming bedfellows. More and more regulations. More and more rhetoric and land-locking. Too bad the sequester didn't cripple the Forest Service...permanently.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Wingmaster,

You took the words right out of my mouth! This is what I've been saying for several years. I say mine in the broad daylight with the buddy system. You drop your equipment off with you buddy at the location and go park your truck way down the road. I've been toying with bringing a 10 speed bike for exactly this method. There are sooo many miles that the USFS has to cover that unless they have an airplane and a method of seeing down through the brush and trees you're home free.

In Mongolia the rouge miners are called 'Ninja miners' because they too have to sneak around to scratch a living. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised just how many miners all over the globe are having to work this way because of either a overbearing Gov't and or the cancerous Green bowel movement that is in every country. So now it's our turn to become 'ninja' miners since the Greenies are in the pockets of the BLM and especially the USFS where they have become Rangers. Almost forgot here in Kalifornia the Greenies have bought off some of the Judges from the rulings that were clearly in our favor but because the Greens love to use language like "it MAY or it COULD" endanger the .... or release mercury,etc.

Years ago I knew of a miner who went by the name Redpaw Dave who may or may not of dredged in some area around these parts in the dead of night with a group they called "The Midnight Miners Association". The problem of night mining is you will be much easier to spot because of the lighting you have to use where in the daytime you don't need it as the sunshines all over the land.

Good creative thinking and I tip my hat to you. We will survive no matter what new law or reg. that gets passed because of some lawsuit by non-elected private citizens who rule over us by proxy.

Randy-Desert Rat in good standing

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Midnight Miners" is that the same group that did the videos or were gonna do a video of returning the mercury they removed from the system back into the system?

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Idaho, the radical environmentalists and the USFS are increasingly becoming bedfellows.

The USFS has had radical environmentalists as employees for the last 30+years.
as the number of radical environmentalists got greater they had power to hire and promote fellow radical environmentalists.

As these radical environmentalists take over they get the power to stop investigations into crimes by there fellow radical environmentalists.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Geez Fouledup, why in the Sam Hill (actual name not Sam Hell) would you put down the Midnight Miners? I stand with them in regards to not recognizing regs or laws made as a result of Eco-extremist lawsuits.
Redpaw Dave is a great man and miner and I wish him and Pam the best. Someday I will catch up to him. My fault for not keeping in contact over the years.

If my Drywashers dirty I probably worked your backyard and the soil under your house,

Randy

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry, you misinterpreted my question. I wasn't putting them down. I was seriously trying to recall if they were the ones I had recalled doing the video. No judgement or disrespect intended.
Worst part about writing is folks don't always see the intent. Again my apologies.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez Fouledup, why in the Sam Hill (actual name not Sam Hell) would you put down the Midnight Miners? I stand with them in regards to not recognizing regs or laws made as a result of Eco-extremist lawsuits.
Redpaw Dave is a great man and miner and I wish him and Pam the best. Someday I will catch up to him. My fault for not keeping in contact over the years.

Seden - fowledup was referring to my post made several months ago. I said we needed SOMETHING to create media attention, and show fellow miners
we're not just gonna rollover. I laid out a scenario where dumping OUR merc. back would be videoed. The catch was a pre-planted sheet of transparent plastic would actually catch the merc. on river bottom below the bridge. I made up the "midnight miner's assoc." I had no idea there was actually a group. The video would also show 20 miners (faces blocked) on the bridge holding protest signs "we tried to give calif. free recovered mercury, and instead of thanking us, they banned us, so here you go!!" I actually tried to get some guys here to do it, saying I'd cover expenses, but it met with no response - what a surprise ! Sorry for any misunderstanding.
I hope I didn't step on any toes.
If my Drywashers dirty I probably worked your backyard and the soil under your house,

Randy
I put my reply in the wrong spot, sorry again

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The USFS has had radical environmentalists as employees for the last 30+years.
as the number of radical environmentalists got greater they had power to hire and promote fellow radical environmentalists.

As these radical environmentalists take over they get the power to stop investigations into crimes by there fellow radical environmentalists.

Yes, but many of them are getting up there in age and will soon start dying off. One of the main reasons they are going bat crap crazy right now, is the fact that academia is slowly starting to turn against them. I cannot repeat what several of my Professors have to say about the radical side of the people, it would make a sailor blush.

Their time is coming.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Yeh, playing god of all things nature must be stressful and we all know stress kills. Plus their diets can't be all that healthy. Vegans, all I can say is a life without bacon just isn't worth living. Ha

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
ive heard that comment here in Missouri refering to the ages of some of the conservation department heads. "theyre getting old and should retire soon,things will change after that!" that was about 10 years ago and things havent changed at all yet! this was told to me from a young park ranger! i offered to take him out to a club outting, but i guess he was told NOT to go........i never heard back from him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread