Indian creek off the trinity river

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Has anyone panned or sluiced on the Indian creek where it runs into the trinity? Looking for some summer getaways that would be fun for the whole family. My wife showed me a website for the Indian creek lodge. For my wife they have cabins ( not a tent ) to stay in. There is a swimming pool not just a swimming hole, and a few towns nearby to explore. For my son ( 8 yrs old ) and me there is the pool, fishing and prospecting walking distance to where Indian creek runs into the trinity river. Sounds like a win win to me. The owner of the lodge told me that the area to pan/sluice is blm open to the public. Thanks

Upvote 0

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone panned or sluiced on the Indian creek where it runs into the trinity? Looking for some summer getaways that would be fun for the whole family. My wife showed me a website for the Indian creek lodge. For my wife they have cabins ( not a tent ) to stay in. There is a swimming pool not just a swimming hole, and a few towns nearby to explore. For my son ( 8 yrs old ) and me there is the pool, fishing and prospecting walking distance to where Indian creek runs into the trinity river. Sounds like a win win to me. The owner of the lodge told me that the area to pan/sluice is blm open to the public. Thanks

There is a GPAA claim about 5 miles from there in Douglas City.

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My son and I camp and mine on the North Fork of the Trinity and have been for many years.
I spend the summer but my son comes for 2-4 weeks. For the last couple of years have been
working a very good spot that should last about 4 more years. We would welcome your visit.

We stay in the forest service in a travel trailer and enjoy the good life. There many good
cabins to rent in the area. From basic to plush, with and without kitchens. Weaverville is close
for shopping. There are many good places to find gold.

Lots of luck and fun, no matter what you, do in one of the nicest place in the country.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
I bought some property up there years ago. I found a little creek and worked it with sluice and made $400 in a day, that made me buy a 5" and I cleaned the bedrock up. I was averaging an ounce a day until meth heads and the feds started probing around. Its still there waiting to be worked.

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Thanks rdg sluicer, rocme44, burlbark & fowledup.
This is sounding more and more like the perfect spot for a family getaway. Got emails in to a few different cabin resorts about availability in July. This gives me plenty of time to do some reserch into open and available spots to sluice. We will only be there for 3 days this time. Hopefully, making it an annual and longer getaway.

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
My son and I camp and mine on the North Fork of the Trinity and have been for many years.
I spend the summer but my son comes for 2-4 weeks. For the last couple of years have been
working a very good spot that should last about 4 more years. We would welcome your visit.

We stay in the forest service in a travel trailer and enjoy the good life. There many good
cabins to rent in the area. From basic to plush, with and without kitchens. Weaverville is close
for shopping. There are many good places to find gold.

Lots of luck and fun, no matter what you, do in one of the nicest place in the country.

Do you have a claim on the NF ?

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Home - The Arttus Ranch Vacation Home on the Trinity River Hello Steve, try this link. Dennis and Lorie are friends of mine and they have a very nice setup. It is at the end of Steiner Flat road. There are two very knowledgeable neighbors that can give you lots of info on Trinity County gold. The river is at the doorstep. You pass the GPAA claim going in. There are numerous old mining operations in the area. Many areas to detect across the river. Weaverville is about fifteen minutes away. Shoot me a PM and I can tell you more...I hope this helps. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rocme44, do you and your son stay in a forest service campground or just out in the forest in your camp trailer? My sons and I camped over that way in a travel trailer this last deer season in a FS campground. I plan on doing some prospecting over that way this coming year. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For many years we stayed at Hobo Gulch (the nicest place in the world), a free FS campground.
We now stay at FS (not camp ground). You are allowed Two weeks, or 1 month on a claim.
I have many suggestions where to find gold but don't think this is the place to discuss them.
My son and I are looking for a hard working third person to run our operation next summer.
Every summer I help newbies to get gold where we work and get much pleasure in doing it.
For me the memories are more important than the gold. My son has gold fever bad (good).

I stay for the whole summer but my son comes from NY for 2 to 4 weeks.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For many years we stayed at Hobo Gulch (the nicest place in the world), a free FS campground.
We now stay at FS (not camp ground). You are allowed Two weeks, or 1 month on a claim.
I have many suggestions where to find gold but don't think this is the place to discuss them.
My son and I are looking for a hard working third person to run our operation next summer.
Every summer I help newbies to get gold where we work and get much pleasure in doing it.
For me the memories are more important than the gold. My son has gold fever bad (good).

I stay for the whole summer but my son comes from NY for 2 to 4 weeks.

Sounds like an awesome set up. I have done some poking around that area what beautiful country. I am not for sure on where Hobo Gulch is but I might be interested in helping you out as a 3rd hand. If you want send me a PM and we can see if it is a fit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions