image-1292012922.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Uh oh, my odds just got longer in our side by side competition... I better buy one off you to even the odds! Seriously, I'd like one...or maybe customize a shovel I already own for me?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking shovel Tweeta, that and your new "Prospector" sluice and you'll be a highly mobile mass production gravel sluicing gold getting machine. If they were in the $15-20 dollar range I'd buy one or two. I like the handle size. More leverage then a mini-garden and you can still stick it in a pack. Another thing you can do with it; divide the scoop part in thirds length wise, use a scratch awl or nail to mark the division lines. Then heat the shovel at the lines only. Bend up the outside portion to form sides. You don't need to, but you can also weld a foot cap on the back. Makes an incredibly strong little shovel that holds a lot and will get into the tight places.

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
thanks everyone. i will make you one kevin they are $25 for a fiberglass handle shovel at home depot. if you get me a shovel ill make it for you. its unfortunate the my BGT will show up here when the temperature is 10degrees here... DAMNIT! but yeah i cant wait. i cant say it enuf. ill be shoveling truck loads of gravel. i seen one of these shovels at "clear creek prospectors" and they want $50 for a shovel like this... that actually where i got the idea.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great, let's do it starting with my nice fiberglass shovel :)

Is your Prospector forecast to come later this week? Brrr! That said, I do prospect right thru winter, just gotta dress for it and pick your days... Sunshine and 45 F feels pretty good if you're digging and on the gold :-)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunshine and 45 degrees while producing some btu's would feel good. I love that kind of weather especially for "trail improvements'...............63bkpkr

And yes that is a nice looking shovel Tweeta Bear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread