First Year Total

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been an adventure for sure. Heat exhaustion, hypothermia, blood, sweat and tears. Many wrestless nights. 2.3 grams . Looking forward to getting more. Should come faster now, I paid my dues and am on the gold now. IMAG1109.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMAG1108.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1109.jpg
    IMAG1109.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha - my nomination for rookie of the year ! - congrats on a respectable 1st year poke. In addition to the hypothermia, blood sweat and tears badges, you can look forward to receiving the "near-drowning" badge, the "stitches from smashing fingers" badge, the "too close for comfort to a bear" badge, the "I forgot about poison oak" badge, the "has anybody seen my snuffer bottle?" badge, and other merit badges on your way to becoming an Old Sourdough, lol :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right on man,its a start!goodluck next year also,my first speck of gold was in pa,and i mean SPECK, but i was hooked man, i dug everywhere ,everyday i could get to the water,and everyone said ,no gold in pa ,just glacial, i didnt care ,dug ,screened ,sluiced,every stream ,dry or not,at the end when the snow was fly n , i still had just few specks, but i was hooked, that was 10 years ago, ive learned so much,met so many good people,been so many places , and still hooked,graduated to some biigger, better toys though, and bigger better spots, so your first year was way better than mine was. but iwouldnt have it any other way,i figure its best i didnt find crap that first year,tempered my resolve, to learn ,all i can,still learning ! keep digg n man keep digg n.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well AUfisher like others have told you your first years find is way more than I ever found in my first year and larger in size as well. Good Job! And again, it takes learning, knowledge and staying with it. At times a piece of proper new equipment changes the whole picture of things though I do not recommend purchasing a bunch of stuff at once. Buy only when you see you need it. My first sluice was purchased that way, I had my fill of panning and had the whole side of the boulder to clear out yet and it was taking way too much time so I purchased the A52 and it made a big positive difference. Best of success in the near future.........................63bkpkr

MinerFortyNiner1952

Nov 18, 2013
San Jose, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AUfisher, that's still a respectable haul for the first year. With experience, there will be a lot more finding. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

And maybe next year you'll have a chance to earn the "does that leaf make good toilet paper" award. Good luck to you.

Rick

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO LEAF replaces real toilet paper! They are only used as an act of desperation, dry-scratchy-dirty desperation to be used only as a last resort. One learns this from umm, experience..................63bkpkr

Rick its not an award more like a smudge and since you brought the subject up may I assume you have received that award? :hello:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That 2.3 grams looks like beautiful, chunky gold..congrats! :occasion14:

Just as Fullpan said, it ain't just about the gold, it's about what ya went
through gettin' it!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well done Au. Wish my flakes were chunky like yours. I'd be ashamed of what mine weighs, but it sure is pretty, no matter how much you got. I know I learned a ton this year (mostly what not to do, where not to go). Good luck and happy hunting in 2014.:occasion14:

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz AU, Always happy to see when someone finds some of that color. May you find double, triple or quadruple your color next year.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice take for your first year AU, that's something to be proud of! I'm wrapping my first year as well so we probably have more then a few experiences in common. The gold you dug with your own two hands and the stories you can now share are priceless! the hardships along the way can be used to your advantage as lessons learned in your future quests, and definitely should come much easier now is the same way I look at it too. Well stay safe and humble as all dues may not be paid, I know I still have some to pay my self. Happy Holliday's and many heavy pickers in your future my friend!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice take for your first year AU, that's something to be proud of! I'm wrapping my first year as well so we probably have more then a few experiences in common. The gold you dug with your own two hands and the stories you can now share are priceless! the hardships along the way can be used to your advantage as lessons learned in your future quests, and definitely should come much easier now is the same way I look at it too. Well stay safe and humble as all dues may not be paid, I know I still have some to pay my self. Happy Holliday's and many heavy pickers in your future my friend!

Wow, what prospector's poetry, I love, love it! ..and quite true too of course. Seeking and finding wild gold keeps me aware of my place in creation :-)

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Real sourdough's carry baby wipes, just in case! LOL

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what prospector's poetry, I love, love it! ..and quite true too of course. Seeking and finding wild gold keeps me aware of my place in creation :-)

Haha no poetry intended, just a few words from the heart from one first year rook to another, but glad you dig it Kevin!
AU is this "river gold" "creek gold" or maybe a mixture of both? Just curious, thanks

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All river gold from Yuba, Bear, American and my back yard

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! In my first year I have yet to break ground on any river, I have the cosumnes river running practically thru my back yard, but as I beginner I figured I should start my journey sticking to small creeks in my area as they may be more beginner friendly, and has led to some decent luck and good times, I'm happy with the trip to gold ratio but not satisfied, I think that's just the true fever shining thru tho.. Well if you ever feel like takin a lil trip to pville I would be happy to introduce you to my creek spot, who knows maybe you'll pull up a chunky picker or two, just wanted to throw it out there to ya. I'm fairly young and tuff but snow down to 1000' this weekend ill have to throw in the towel for now. I think ill dust off the blue bowl, sip a lil jack and get to cleaning my take from my first year at it, and will post the results

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds good Hangtown! Let's tear it up together some time. I was going tomorrow but ice and rocks don't mix!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good call AU, sounds like a painful mixture for sure, wise to not risk good health, many better days to come. Right on, will definitely hit it hard, plenty of bedrock to punish. Not sure what your working with but have an extra sluice and "gold sucker" that I would be more than happy to lend for the day if need be, ill be planning on going out next Saturday weather permitting. Shoot me a pm sometime next week and we can figure it out from there

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au,

Congratulations on your first year's take, not to bad at all!!:icon_thumleft:

One thing is for sure because of all the trials and tribulations you experienced finding that 2.3 grams, you'll never forget any of it, you may look back years from now and not remember finding some of your future gold, but you'll never forget that first 2.3 grams and what you went through to get it!!! 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread