image-1583026248.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 797
Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey Kieth, I'm looking for some kind of 12 volt vibrator for this dry washer. Do you have any recommendations?

How about a 12 volt DC motor with a sliding setscrew counterweight so that you can adjust the amount of vibration... The counterweight will slide on a shaft, the further away the counterweight from the center of the motor shaft the more the vibration. The motor would need to be mounted solidly to the bottom of the hopper. The motor shaft would have the counterweight. A drywasher motor works on the same principal but uses air to rotate the motor and the counterweight creates the vibration.

z1.jpg 12V.jpg

LINK TO MOTOR

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jay here is a link to what Doc mention above but in a 12 volt version of the vibrator. What I offered in my first post this Vibco does the same thing but for a whole lot more $$$. Yeah they are expensive but they are built to the spec's not to wear out. Whatever direction you go it all needs to be sealed bearings due to the dirt and elements of outdoors.

VIBCO ON EBAY

Pulse Width Modulation Switch Lots of switches, may find one already seal in a box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The good ones are way too expensive for me. There's a place call Apache Reclamation in south Phoenix that might have a motor I can use. I'm gonna try there first and see what I can find.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
so I found a 12 volt fan motor at the junk yard for $10. Hooked it up and tested some gravel. I got a few issues but nothing major. I have to tweek the angles and get the sluice level from side to side and I should do pretty good.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The first aluminum box came apart. This a steel version.

Attachments

• image-1730248055.jpg
    image-1730248055.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2841045112.jpg
    image-2841045112.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2833704294.jpg
    image-2833704294.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 106

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jay did you make counterweight adjustable? Kinda curious how that blower motor is going to hold up due to the constant vibration. Is the motor shaft supported with ball or needle bearings or bushings?

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure. It's a blower motor out of a car maybe. The place has a basket full of them so I'm testing this one.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I started small with the counterbalance and have added weight to where it is now. I should put a variable speed so it's not so loud when there is no dirt.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
looks good JB EXCEPT for the fact that a person needs to use a sssssssssssshhhooooovel! I hate to use that word on the net but its the truth! its got me sweating just thinking about it!:) nice job!

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This the 2014 December common dig at Stanton Arizona put on by the LDMA. I don't have pics of the take but I will soon.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems like a lot of air in your water over the riffles, can that cause problems with recovery?

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've have not run a serious recovery test but all the gold is in the first 2' of the sluice it looks like

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions