image-1583026248.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 797
Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Like it but would like to see more and larger photos from different angles. For the size of the hopper the springs under the hopper look really small. I take its a vibrating hopper. Cad plate the entire steel frame GOLD, no chipping of paint down the road. I would also cap off the open ends of square tubing as water will begin to rust the tubing from the inside out, from the photo it looks like the square tubing is open at the top on the four 2" uprights where water will puddle at the bottom...

Last edited:

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Obviously its not for a recirculating system but being feed from a abundance water source. Hopefully you will provide more detailed photos of your wash plant as I and others would like to see what's under the hood. Can't get any details from the drawing...

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Bent, Kudos! What an amazing structure! Are the wheels powered? Yes please, more pictures and in action as well. Winter is coming on and us snow bound folks need something good to keep us going till spring. Save of course for the absolutely hard core individuals that scoff at ice on the water with snow all over the place. BRRRRRRR! Like Steve H.

Thank you for sharing, that is a superb looking beast!...........................63bkpkr

AzV - your builds are superb as well, keep um comin!!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool very cool! I want one! A pink one!

I am going to AZ to check a location where I thought there was no water but there is water. That could come in handy!

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice, as was said, how about walking us through the build, tell us a little about why you chose that design, where and how you plan to set it up. Again nice looking piece of equipment!

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Like it but would like to see more and larger photos from different angles. For the size of the hopper the springs under the hopper look really small. I take its a vibrating hopper. Cad plate the entire steel frame GOLD, no chipping of paint down the road. I would also cap off the open ends of square tubing as water will begin to rust the tubing from the inside out, from the photo it looks like the square tubing is open at the top on the four 2" uprights where water will puddle at the bottom...
I did weld the top holes closed but the side holes I'll just plastic cap them Zinc plating would be good but not as available for me as Powdercoat. The springs are setup for 4" height, I can adjust by wire dia.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Obviously its not for a recirculating system but being feed from a abundance water source. Hopefully you will provide more detailed photos of your wash plant as I and others would like to see what's under the hood. Can't get any details from the drawing...
Under the hood is 2600 psi pressure washer with a whirlybird bird nozzle. I will also flood with a second pump.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Bent, Kudos! What an amazing structure! Are the wheels powered? Yes please, more pictures and in action as well. Winter is coming on and us snow bound folks need something good to keep us going till spring. Save of course for the absolutely hard core individuals that scoff at ice on the water with snow all over the place. BRRRRRRR! Like Steve H. Thank you for sharing, that is a superb looking beast!...........................63bkpkr AzV - your builds are superb as well, keep um comin!!
The wheels are just for getting it in and out of my truck. The sluice is separate.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool very cool! I want one! A pink one! I am going to AZ to check a location where I thought there was no water but there is water. That could come in handy!
Their is water in the desert

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice, as was said, how about walking us through the build, tell us a little about why you chose that design, where and how you plan to set it up. Again nice looking piece of equipment!
I made another washplant but ended up not washing too good. I looked at several and this what I'm gonna try next. I'm sure I'll have to adjust, but that's what this small version is for. Scaled model to follow.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This unit is going to be set up out by Stanton AZ. To test both the washplant and the ground. If the grounds good enough and the design works, then I scale it maybe twice and really move some dirt.

Attachments

• image-197108570.jpg
    image-197108570.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 215
  • image-1483567558.jpg
    image-1483567558.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 213
  • image-2573490587.jpg
    image-2573490587.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 219
  • image-1313936426.jpg
    image-1313936426.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 228
  • image-4250076919.jpg
    image-4250076919.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 219
  • image-1503383368.jpg
    image-1503383368.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 202
  • image-1175319545.jpg
    image-1175319545.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 207

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the looks of it you have a complete shop at your disposal for fabrication, nice... Wish I had a shear, brake, punch press, roller. Got most everything else but I do not have the room. Cant beat CNC equipment.

Like to see the video of the wash plant in action. I have mixed feeling how this type of wash plant will work in breaking up and washing everything prior to heading into the sluice. Just does not appear to have any action other than the vibrating to bust up the dirt and rocks. Would be excellent attached to a trommel and the trommel creating all the action or an auger mounted inside the hopper turning the rocks, dirt, clay. etc. over and over . Quality work though.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. Yes, I have all the right equipment for sheetmetal fabrication. I have made everything from small sluice to a dry washer trommel. Except a dredge, that's probably next.
I'm counting on a few things being right. A good angle so the rocks have time to wash ( that was my problem on the last one) and good vibration transfer from the motor to the hoper and high pressure water jets. I may need to add more vibration but that should be easy if I need it.

OP
OP
Justbent

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Orange and black it is

Attachments