Hi everyone ****prospectors have any of you use the BX25 small loader/backhoe?????

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall i know many have seen my other post. Instead of renting a machine for 3200 a month im planning or renting a bx25 loader. It will be only 1000 a month if they stick to their advertisement of rent one month get one free. Otherwise 2000 to rent it for a month which is cheaper. I have kept a eye out on auctions and a few loaders are going for 6-10k. Of course after 4 months to 6 months rental at home depot i would then invest my profits and get a used loader. Profits are around 110-320 on some calculated figures per day. if 110 a day after expenses that would be 2900 a month. After 4 months a profit of 11600. enough to buy a machine and of course if im getting a 1/2 gram then it would be double that. That would be running around 20 yds a day. If efficient enough 40 yds if played right. but goal is 20 yds a day at 1/4 to 1/2 gram a yd material. Mini washplant 4ft wide 7 inch sides and flared down to 2 ft over a grizzly and rocks 1/2in or bigger go off grizzly and material goes down custom built 10ft 12in wide gold hog sluice with a drop down 4ft sluice box that i already have. Will have 3 100 gal containers with 3 in or 4 in pipe going from tub to tub just like goodyguys picture he has on a thread. It will sit 3/8 way into water in container to container like the end of a candy cane and the suction will be off the bottom and below the top to prevent light materials at top to suck in essentially and the bottom heavies to suck up as well. I am adding a mod with 2in auger 4 or 6 ft long angles under the first catch basin to eliminate all the heavier material that dropped in and the 2nd and 3rd will function as settling sediments and can be scooped out as need be with a shovel every 2 yds or more. So with a 8yd per hour running for 6 hrs and cleanup for 2 hrs would be 48 yds of material thats roughly 144 -200 scoops depending on how experienced you are with a 16" bucket. water will be hauled in before a weeks running operation and eventually get a large enough 1000 gallon water tank to provide from having to go out everyday and fill water. its roughly 2.5-3 scoops every minute around the clock for 6 hrs. or 1 scoop every 20 seconds. This is a somewhat rough calculation. So does anyone have experinece with the bx25 in arizona?

Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A BX 25 is only 17.5hp. My lawn tractor I clear my driveway off with is 17.5hp. Works great for light fluffy snow up to a foot or a foot and a half. If it's any deeper or wetter my neighbor comes over with his "grown up" hoe and does it for me. That tractor will not dig. It is going to bounce you and the tractor all over the place as soon as it meets any resistance. Education is a wonderful thing - go rent one for a day, when it won't dig that wonderful Michigan soil imagine what it won't do on cobble, conglomerate, and "basketball" sized boulders. If your hellbent on doing this, listen to what people are telling you, please! Your modifying your questions in hopes of hearing the answers you want to hear, ain't gonna happen.

carnet56

Jan 28, 2013
laurens south carolina
Detector(s) used
white dfx
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A BX 25 is only 17.5hp. My lawn tractor I clear my driveway off with is 17.5hp. Works great for light fluffy snow up to a foot or a foot and a half. If it's any deeper or wetter my neighbor comes over with his "grown up" hoe and does it for me. That tractor will not dig. It is going to bounce you and the tractor all over the place as soon as it meets any resistance. Education is a wonderful thing - go rent one for a day, when it won't dig that wonderful Michigan soil imagine what it won't do on cobble, conglomerate, and "basketball" sized boulders. If your hellbent on doing this, listen to what people are telling you, please! Your modifying your questions in hopes of hearing the answers you want to hear, ain't gonna happen.

i don't want to bust your bubble but your budget is just to tight you need about 3 time more than u got to play with I don't know what size loader you want but here in s.c. you can pick up some good ones for around 3 thousand but you need to know how to work on theses things your self if not be prepared to spend a lot money for mechanics I wish you were closerI would like to be able to help you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread