Absolute best place to prospect...

outwardjourney

Aug 17, 2010
Hello! My wife said she wants to head out somewhere in April of 2014 to prospect. Fly or drive we'll be heading out from Texas to a location.

However, she wants to find something! So I am trying to find a place that offers a pay to prospect or pay to dig type of adventure since no one will want to give up their secret gold locations. I've been through the mining guide and found a few places in North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama that are pay to dig. But in the 48 states, anyone recommend one over the other??

I have a month to really nail down the research and such before booking the trip.

Any help would be great. Looking to do at least a few days of prospecting.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi outwardjourney and welcome to the net. If you don't mind coming to South Dakota my mining partner does guided prospecting at a very reasonable price. Plus you will be in a very hystoric area with lots to do and see. I have helped him and everyone finds gold. Can't guarentee it but no one has been skunked so far. Pm me if you are interested. I would take you for free but my job I can't be certain I would be available when you would be here. My partner is on disability and is more available. I also don't want to take money out of his pocket.

BH Prospector

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Come to Colorado and you can hire my friend Don (Gold Strike Adventures https://sites.google.com/site/coloradogoldexperience/ ) to show you some spots. You can use his dredge, gold cube, gold-n-sand hand dredge, etc. Or, if you have your gear with you, just ask me where to go and I will point you at the gold. Lots of public prospecting in metro Denver and Clear Creek Canyon just west of here. The mountains will still be frozen in April but not the Denver area.

Similarly the motherlode area of California has lots of state rec areas and such where you can dig all day...just can't use a dredge in that state I guess.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Head out to Rich Hill, AZ. That is, Stanton, AZ. For a fee of about $50, you can dig for a year on one of the local club claims. Will you get gold? If you allow me or TimC to show you, we can guarantee you will find gold! I am not out there now but Tim still is. He will point to the ground and announce DIG HERE and you WILL find gold.... guaranteed! Check with GarretdiggingAZ, Jerry from IN, Donovan from MI, and others. That is exactly what we did for them. My personal preference is the Weaver club or others in the same area. These are my SECRET areas and are the best (in my opinion) in the area. There is room for all! The best adds for these clubs are the people who find gold and tell about it. Jerry found $178 dollars worth (when 1600/ounce) of gold the first day he was out. He has been back several times since.... from IN. Others will push their areas and that is what I am doing. Very few will guarantee finding gold, although you will at most locations. 'nough said. Make a choice. TTC

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry C and Tim C are the real deal. They will help you as much as you need, then help you a little more.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry C and Tim C are the real deal. They will help you as much as you need, then help you a little more.
Keith, were you able to talk to Tim directly? Query him on the LR2000 site. He is the PRO when using that tool! He can link up Google Earth to the page and may even walk you through (LITTERALLY walk you through) the events required to file a claim! TTC

OP
OP
O

outwardjourney

Aug 17, 2010
Thanks for the great leads! I'll be taking my notes to the wife. Ultimately, I am going to let her decide the trip, will be keeping everyone updated! How is the Arizona weather in April?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the great leads! I'll be taking my notes to the wife. Ultimately, I am going to let her decide the trip, will be keeping everyone updated! How is the Arizona weather in April?
April in AZ is very doable! Toward June, it will get VERY warm and miserable for most. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Join date, 2010? Why did it take so long to get the butt in gear? TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Join date, 2010? Why did it take so long to get the butt in gear? (OOPS! Sorry) TTC

OP
OP
O

outwardjourney

Aug 17, 2010
I've been around.... more of a metal detectorist than prospector ... until recently. My father came for a visit and told me about the GPAA and that I should join and get the guide. I did so and one thing lead to another..... I then started my research and research I did (am still doing), and now here I am spending more time researching this adventure than out metal detecting.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been around.... more of a metal detectorist than prospector ... until recently. My father came for a visit and told me about the GPAA and that I should join and get the guide. I did so and one thing lead to another..... I then started my research and research I did (am still doing), and now here I am spending more time researching this adventure than out metal detecting.
Welcome to this "side" of Tnet! Your dad sounds like a good guy!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZ in april is really nice. It starts to get hot in May. April is t shirt weather. May is water bottle weather. Either bring gear with you and let the C brothers show you where to dig, or schedule a dig with Terry Soloman. I am sure you won't be dissapointed either way. IF you do some research, I think there are at least a half dozen pay to play places in the same area around Rich Hill and Vulture Mine. I myself would bring my own gear and have Tim C show you where to dig, but I get a lot of satisfaction from accomplishing something on my own. You shouldn't be ashamed to get with Terry SOloman, either though... Ideally, maybe you could spend a few days with him, then based on what you see around Rich Hill and after talking with him, get a membership to the Weaver Mining Club at 50 bucks and spend the rest of your time beeping around the area. Wickenburg is 45 minutes away to stay at. That way, you could fly in and just bring a detector with?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread