bazooka or angus mackirk

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey poptop, it's hard to have your cake and eat it too. Never fiddled with the AM before was thinking about purchasing one until I seen it in person and realized its quite thin and if dropped the wrong way on bedrock would become a disposable sluice in about one second. As for the bazooka I have some experience with and would say it recovers just as much fine gold as my Keene A52 (metal riffle/carpet sluice) witch is hard to beat. I would go with whatever KevininColorado has to say about this topic, as he knows his stuff and has experience with both. Just my input. HH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the looks of them it would seem the bazooka would break easier if dropped than the AM sluices, I could be wrong never seen one in person but they look like if dropped wrong it could be bad.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do not drop your sluices people. :)
My wife finally gave in and asked me to send her the link for the Bazooka. Awww Yeah!
Haven't been this happy for Christmas since I got that BB gun when I was 7. :)

Keep Calm
and
Sluice On!

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do not drop your sluices people. :) My wife finally gave in and asked me to send her the link for the Bazooka. Awww Yeah! Haven't been this happy for Christmas since I got that BB gun when I was 7. :) Keep Calm and Sluice On!

"You'll shoot your eye out with that thing!"

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
Please do not drop your sluices people. :)
My wife finally gave in and asked me to send her the link for the Bazooka. Awww Yeah!
Haven't been this happy for Christmas since I got that BB gun when I was 7. :)

Keep Calm
and
Sluice On!

alright!!! yay another bazooka owner... did you get the combo... oh wait its a surprise... christmas. i finally got mine. as far as i could tell i thought the AM was made out of fiberglass which wont break that easy this bazooka made out of pvc which is strong and could take a bounce or 2 but im gonna treat it just like my hunting rifle or my compound bow.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wingmaster..Not sure how you can give accurate input on something you've only seen pictures of. Sorry if you didn't like something I said. I wasn't trying to say the AM is a bad way to go, was only giving my two cents on something I have seen first hand...
Good one drywallman, lol But he will be playing with a bazooka now so hope it's nothing more then an eye!
Congrats prospector70 and tweeta! But tweeta the bazooka is made from abs and thankfully not PVC

Last edited:

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i dont think ya have to worry about the bazooka breaking if its made of abs

ABS is a terpolymer made by polymerizing styrene and acrylonitrile in the presence of polybutadiene. The proportions can vary from 15 to 35% acrylonitrile, 5 to 30% butadiene and 40 to 60% styrene. The result is a long chain of polybutadiene criss-crossed with shorter chains of poly(styrene-co-acrylonitrile). The nitrile groups from neighboring chains, being polar, attract each other and bind the chains together, making ABS stronger than pure polystyrene. The styrene gives the plastic a shiny, impervious surface. The butadiene, a rubbery substance, provides resilience even at low temperatures. For the majority of applications, ABS can be used between −20 and 80 °C (−4 and 176 °F) as its mechanical properties vary with temperature.[2] The properties are created by rubber toughening, where fine particles of elastomer are distributed throughout the rigid matrix.

Follows Camp Craig

Dec 1, 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Team Keene Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Si Habla "KEENE"

If I am that interested in flour gold I will just bust out the vial of quick silver, Just not in front of any of you guys!

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the AM sluices are made of ABS as well and I don't plan on dropping it anyway but the box shape of the bazooka will have less flex if dropped. I treat all my equipment like a baby and have on more than one occasion took the hit to save my equipment when falling. I have a keene sluice as well and I wouldn't let it take a hit as well and I never said the bazooka isn't a great sluice as I'll most likely buy one my next purchase I'm just stating anything can break if you drop it. I'll measure the thickness of the AM sluice tomorrow but they seem that thin.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok thats all good but wich ones best for fine gold????
Both are really great for fine gold (I have both myself!) The real question is how do you feel about classifying? Needed with AM not with Bazooka. Also how much water? If in a small creek, really small, then some modest AM or the Bazooka supermini are your choices. Both good. Super mini is likely smaller and lighter...depends on which AM you compare to I suppose.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry wingmaster I may have read or took you post the wrong way. Anyway they are all good sluices in they're own image.jpg ways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions