Brandon Rhineharts response to the state

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
There are a couple statements I like above all the rest. First, any minuscule effect by dredging on the fish pale in comparison to catching them,killing them, and eating them. I guess they over looked that little detail.
Second, miners are the ONLY ones under federal law with the right to be on federal lands not the tribe. He also touched on the recreation/hobby issue. All in all very well reasoned, too bad reason isn't what it used to be.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are a couple statements I like above all the rest. First, any minuscule effect by dredging on the fish pale in comparison to catching them,killing them, and eating them. I guess they over looked that little detail. Second, miners are the ONLY ones under federal law with the right to be on federal lands not the tribe. He also touched on the recreation/hobby issue. All in all very well reasoned, too bad reason isn't what it used to be.
It's never been about the effects on the fish!
Just another quick note what we do dredging is healthy for the rivers ! Erosion is a natural thing or there would be no gold or fish.
What little we do to the river is a joke in comparison to Mother Nature ... The dams we have built for flood control Are the killers.
And fish,an by far do ton more damage to the rivers not knocking them as I fish but my first 1/4 oz clean out landed me a additional 35 lbs of lead..

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
G1 the lawsuit is about the fisheries among other things listed in the response, however I realize it is about control, the fish are just the tool for them to get that control. I dredge, I work the river in all seasons and I get it, I just liked the points he made and how he made them. You are preaching to the choir brother.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions