BREATH IN BREATH OUT ACCOMPLISHED! thanks to all the feedback

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok gold miners. I have decided to slow down the pace as much as i want to be digging with a machine, it is much smarter to wait for a few months to save up by digging with pick, shovel and washplant. So that is what im going to do.

Anyone can get a gold operation going small scale or large scale. Takes time but being persistant with phone calls, research, testing the claim for a decent amount of time are all key to proceeding forward. If you want to stay away from investors then do as others have suggested and i myself am going to take this advice and prospect and take the money earned to eventually pay for the bond permit and the rental or purchase of a loader/backhoe.

My suggestions is go where the gold has been found before

Dont prospect the creek which was the main source in the day, look for benches of gravel that was brought down near the mountains and look for the gold bearing color of dirt or gravel which each STATE has a difference in the colorl. Arizona seems to be more of the reddish colored dirt containing lots of minerals. So to look for the red stuff in between the mountains on each side of the creek you must have a imagination and can picture at one time how high up the river flowed. Many of these mountain side deposits are still to be located. Google earth is a great tool! Use it and use it again. Go to the high point on a claim or blm and look for the lowest points and bends adn turns and washes and the way the land was moved at one point and look for the virigin ground that hasnt been hit with dozers and you might have yourself a profitable claim.

These are just some suggestions that i have found very helpful over the years of prospecting.

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Exceptional advice, well shared, thanks!

... And said to be true here in CO as well. Look for likely bench deposits to find virgin material.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KeepMeHumbleLord,

I was kinda getting worried. I thought maybe somewhere in the rules of the forum it said you had to start so many thread per hour. Just joking... LOL... Great glad you stepped back and going to take another approach. I believe it will pay off in the long run.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
KMHL

I have to agree with AzViper. I was getting worried that somehow Todd Hoffman had managed to join up on T-Net!!!

Very glad to see that you've decided to slow it down a notch or two and take the time to get it right. You asked for advice and from what I've seen on your threads so far, all the advice you've been given so far has been sound and has come from many that have "been there, done that". You've got access to info from people that have worked that area and can tell you what will and what won't work. Listen to them and learn from their mistakes instead of repeating them yourself. Take your time and make sure that the cart isn't in front of the horse and you'll do great. The last thing we want to see is a "train wreck" like those depicted on Gold Rush!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions