AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw yesterday that we have some claims north of pleasant. Do you do any good out in that area? Are you working open ground? Or a club claim?

I have found some really small stuff on humbug creek north of pleasant but from what I understand the good stuff is further up the hill where the lode claims are...

Just make sure you dig all the way to bedrock most of the creeks feeding pleasant have at least some gold in them

Last edited:

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just saw yesterday that we have some claims north of pleasant. Do you do any good out in that area? Are you working open ground? Or a club claim?
It's a club claim. Heard good gold but haven't put my feet there yet. So was planning on a day trip to explore some spots. Take some samples from there and then possibly from some from pleasant area. Since I'll be by there anyways.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a new blower to run my dry washer and am putting a Viper-Vac together to go with it. Progress is slow on the Viper-Vac, but I am trying to get everything right and not drill any holes that are not needed. I am thrilled at the possibility of being equipped to take on bedrock again!
Glad to see you're getting your stuff ready. That way we could tackle that together.

coyotegal

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
Copper Corridor, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first gold. If it is your first.

Me and my wife have been hitting areas around here by Superior, and Queen valley,but nothing yet.
I am going to join the GPAA in 2 weeks.
I was told by a person that the club in Apache Junction is ok, but not really worth the money.
But for $25 it might be ok.
There located at Promachk on the trail in AJ.

Thanks for the welcome! And yes, its my first...but not my last! lol....

Welcome coyotegal!

Thanks ~! :0)

aztrezhunter

Apr 28, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 Garrett Freedom Ace 1950's Whites MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I am new to this site and live near the Superstitions. Was a member of the Mesa gold diggers and need to renew my GPAA membership. Anyone finding anything good? Anyone hit the new GPAA claim in the supes?

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
where is the GPAA claim in the Supe's? I have their book and get the updates through the pick and shovel but haven't seen that

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome aztrezhunter.
The new gpaa claim is out here by me.
Off of Hewitt canyon road. The one that crosses queen creek and goes up to Iron mountain.
A few have been out here. It is talked about here in this thread I believe.
I will have to look.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That sounds great I will have to look into this. That would be much more convenient. I am not sure of that area but I am going to try and look it up

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would wait on joining GPAA as you will get the 2012 book and will not get the 2014 book. The new book will be out in a few months. If you join now you will need to get a two year membership to get the 2014 book.

Thank you for this notice.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For you people looking for the new claim in the supes go to page 16 of this thread and talk to or pm the people that have been out there.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sorry RR but I must be confused. Looking at the thread it says the "HIS CLAIM" correct me if I am wrong but isn't that Golden Irishmans claim?

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sorry RR but I must be confused. Looking at the thread it says the "HIS CLAIM" correct me if I am wrong but isn't that Golden Irishmans claim?

If you want to go down there, send him a PM. I am sure he will be happy to have you....

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't gone back out to the outback yet since my last visit. Finally got my wash plant going for my sluice. Been running dirt from last outing down south with not much success. Though I do believe I found some silver in rock, but not 100% certain. So I'll need to test it. Only got a couple specs in running about 15 gals.
Still needing to get to the claim by Wickenburg and then back towards RH area.
First I'm trying to get my left leg to work better. Really trying to put more effort in detecting first nugget. Plus I've had things keep keeping me from going out.
Soon, hopefully I'll be out again. Schools almost out so at least no more concerts or games to make me stay at home. Though I do enjoy those too. I'd still rather be hobbling the hills.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just built another Viper-Vac for a new forum member of these forums. Will be shipping it out on Monday... The vac has the 5/16" bulkheads on both sides of the lid to add strength while giving the user years of vacuuming up gold.

B8.jpg B9.jpg B10.jpg B13.jpg B14.jpg

Last edited:

aztrezhunter

Apr 28, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 Garrett Freedom Ace 1950's Whites MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aztrezhunter.
The new gpaa claim is out here by me.
Off of Hewitt canyon road. The one that crosses queen creek and goes up to Iron mountain.
A few have been out here. It is talked about here in this thread I believe.
I will have to look.

Thanx for the Welcome...

BryonC

May 5, 2014
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandeto
Minlab 18000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everybody. I'm new around here but not to MDing. I have a couple older detectors.
A Tesoro Bandeto uMax was my first detector I got back in 95 or 96. I think it's fist generation uMax.
my other detector is a MineLab XT 18000.

The wife and I are going down to San Carlos Mexico with the friends next month and I was thinking about taking a detector down there and playing on the beach.
Do any of you guys know anything about MDing down in Mexico? I'd rather not get into any trouble if I can avoid it. My friends say they have never seen anyone MDing down there so don't know about it.
I've done a little googleing and can't find any information on the subject.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions