AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am in Morristown near a bunch of RR claims. I have a truck and plenty of gear if you want to come to Morristown and check out some of those nearby RR claims. I would also be interested in a cheap membership to RR. I will be out of town until Jan 10, 2014. Most anytime after that I would be available.
When you want to look into those memberships, send me a PM and I can get you started.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Woah !!! I love this site/link/whatever!!!!

I belong to the GPAA and the Weavers Mining Group. Looked into RR, but seemed a bit for me.
Lots of places to dig and only one lifetime. That's why I'm getting the kids involved. Lol. Besides, they like to dig and destroy.
Started out detecting, but then I bumped into a couple guys (TerryC and brother Tim). They showed me the light. So sluicing is my primary, but open to any aspects of chasing the gold/gems/minerals. Just love the outdoors.

I've talked to several of you guys already and even met a couple, and still have yet to go to a GPAA meeting. Lol. I love that we try to work together. Even try to help each other towards common goals.

I live in east Mesa now, but have been all over this state hunting, fishing, and playing prospector. Finally started prospecting (March officially) due to disability. So I'm always trying to get out. As long as no dr appointments, kids school things, or wife complaining gets in the way. She knows that I do this for the family and my own well being.
So anybody can contact me if they want to hunt the hills or even swing detectors nearby.

Got a 10"x48" power sluice (recirc), Gold Buddy highbanker, Garrett ATG (till I get next unit), and buckets, pans, tools. Haven't done dry sluicing yet, but next on list.
I am going to go out with my daughter on SUnday or Monday beeping just under the Sunset Point rest area if you want to get out. Send me your number in a PM if you are interested, and I'll call you tomorrow some time.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How are the pickings around Jerome? I camp quite a bit at Deadhorse.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got back from my trip down south in greaterville. Had a blast, but not much time to get a lot of dirt. Only got about 5-6 buckets of samples. I'll be able to post finds (if any) after 1st week of January. For the moment here's a couple pics of what we could see.

Attachments

• image-1079331877.jpg
    image-1079331877.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image-1607934647.jpg
    image-1607934647.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 160
  • image-3926465029.jpg
    image-3926465029.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 154
  • image-2176808270.jpg
    image-2176808270.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 153

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Garrett,

Thanks for dropping off the hopper that JustBent gave you. I know the weather was not good for prospecting but then you would have not gotten all these great pictures Arizona at its best. Did I tell everyone I AM IN PAIN!!! LOL...

This is Pusch Ridge before the weather turned nasty.

Pusch Ridge.jpg Pusch Ridge 1.jpg

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yes im sure you are! been there 2x myself and hopeing NEVER to need this again! youll be fine come Spring time when youll be jumping out of your skin wanting to get out! Merry Christmass!

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got back from my trip down south in greaterville. Had a blast, but not much time to get a lot of dirt. Only got about 5-6 buckets of samples. I'll be able to post finds (if any) after 1st week of January. For the moment here's a couple pics of what we could see.

The predator hunter in me loves those first two pics. Perfect country to call in. One of my best weeks of calling ever was right over by GoldenIrishman's neck of the woods. Tight against the Chiricaus. I butchered the spelling on that one!

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Feeling fo ya Keith. Don't worry, I am heading out today. You will just have to live vicariously through our travels for a while.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The predator hunter in me loves those first two pics. Perfect country to call in. One of my best weeks of calling ever was right over by GoldenIrishman's neck of the woods. Tight against the Chiricaus. I butchered the spelling on that one!

Yeah the area was great. I was thinking the same thing. My middle son has really started to enjoy hunting. Reminds me when I was a kid. Lol. Next trip will be for a couple days. A lot of roaming/prospecting to do. The Chiricahuas are on my list of places to play.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
digging around jerome is problematic...this copper company owns the minerals, and has patents on the properties holding ore.that being said...there is not one spot i have eve panned in the area that did not show color...however tiny.
this site is on the wrong side of the verde river...the side were no minerals are found.
it is old, and deep for a placer dig. in conjuction with the stone corral and remains of a couple of stone huts, the breech block(possible) that i found..these remains may be the source of the legend of sycamore canyon lost spanish mine.
100_2562.JPG

100_2563.JPG

100_2564.JPG

100_2565.JPG

100_2566.JPG

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
digging around jerome is problematic...this copper company owns the minerals, and has patents on the properties holding ore.

Yeah it's all off limits for the prospector up there. The area around Jerome doesn't have any free gold on the surface anyway. I've poked around there quite a bit. I used to ride horses with the mine geologist. :laughing7:

To the South of Jerome there are a few specks of small free gold in Black Canyon pippinwhitepaws. Take the springs road from the gulch across the front side of Mingus and follow Black Canyon downstream from the road. If there is no water at the road there will be some in the stream around the first bend. Last I looked there were no claims there. You should check the LR2000 before going there.

T15N 2 1/2E Secs 23, 25 and down to Ward Pocket area.

No much gold but you can at least see some color from the mountain. :icon_thumleft:

Heavy Pans

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Thanks for sharing Garret. It really is a beautiful area. My favorite place to prospect in the Southwest. Good gold, good climate and beautiful surroundings. :icon_thumright:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "Lost Spanish gold mine" isn't lost at all Pippin. It's the Gold Tooth mine Patented in 1904. It's on the Verde just upstream of Sycamore and just below the "Fortress" outcrop. You can see the mine dump across the river from the railroad. I used to live in the cabin there in the early 80's. :laughing7:

There is also gold at Seven Springs on the Verde above Horseshoe dam.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yea..i know about seven springs...walked in there back in the early 1960's...
i have found a stone corral...some out buildings...a breech from an old musket...now this digging..
since you know the area...this set of holes...is over by the old powerplant...above the river in the terraced gravels...

i dont believe anything is lost except for some tourist prospectors...lol

100_2561.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread