AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

FlipN-Cactusland

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2016
NW Grand Ave. Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's GMT - still never used since '98... Duh! Working on it. Saving for a "pinpointer."
Primary Interest:
Other
Roadrunner, why wait for the gold show? Hit up the GPAA(P) meeting the 1st Thursday of Feb. Just south of Indian School on 12th Street 'bout a half mile on the left. You'll see all the headlights turning into the Italian Club parking lot. Some of the meetings have over a 100 folks. I'm getting back into it slowly after a long hiatus away from digging since '98. There are RR and APA folks in the group. You won't be alone.

FlipN-Cactusland

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2016
NW Grand Ave. Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's GMT - still never used since '98... Duh! Working on it. Saving for a "pinpointer."
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrote a long intro and got bounced twice. Guess my Webroot really doesn't care for all the cookie-monsters and pop-ups. Tried introducing myself but electronically got the cold shoulder. Live in Peoria and am a paid-up LDMA member. Blame Boo-Coo for that. He and the admin ladies twisted my arm when signing up for a GPAA Lifetime at Italian Bar in '98. "Are you outa your mind, Boy? For the same money you can get the whole shootin' match!" Just got a car after 9 years of bicycling and bussing so I could jet the grandkids around. They're too busy watching their large screen teles, iPads, and phones. My Ford Focus is now useless most of the time getting onto the claims. I'll try to find "park-n-hike" zones though. Most of my gear from the late '90s is for hiking up and into places folks with gas motored goodies don't go. Even my lil old Dirt Dobber puffer is hiking at 17 lbs. Got it from Mojave John at his Hesperia Life-Style store. Old Doc Ashcroft and I kibitzed a little before he passed in 2008-9. Bummer. I have his way-cool Grizzly Gold pan. It's small, ultralight, and wickedly good for small fines. He mailed me a dozen black rubber slot-strips as a send-off when I reported to him just how efficient the pan was for dry panning sampling in very dry locations. He was tickled to hear about that. Saturday was up to jaw a bit with A&B on Hwy 69 while getting a Wilson Bucket Concentrator BEFORE the gold show. Got the heads-up on Rose. 11 vehicles with spread out friendly folks far enough apart to only see two parties. Running water with snow/ice hear and there. Guess that's an intro... I'll hit post and see if I'm back in the doghouse. Nice to meet y'alls.

FlipN-Cactusland

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2016
NW Grand Ave. Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Clay Diggins... At a recent GPAP meeting they brought up the Abby's. There are still 2 at the northernmost location west of Soap Creek. At least at that time 2 months ago. The trade off was getting a bundle of new San Domingo claims due west of the older Yahoo/Golden Dreams/Dumb Luck batch. The dry washers seemed happy about it.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks flipn and welcome.
I have a few friends at the Gpap. Thanks.
Was trying to make it to the ouiting this past week end.

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Apache Junction chapter has a meeting this wed. Any body know the time and address?

FlipN-Cactusland

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2016
NW Grand Ave. Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to get out to a cleanup 2 months ago at vulture. Got just past the windmill and quit. My wee Focus wasn't thrilled with the ground clearance. Maybe I'll just mess about learning my Garmin, park by the stock tank, and hike due North over the hill to the closest claim. Then I can mark my trusty coated topo with the Miner's Guide waypoints as I hike around exploring and breaking in my GMT. I could take some bird feed to make friends while I kick back and enjoy a long-overdue reunion. Midweek is nice when retired. With a lawn chair I can also do some GCC Poetry homework readings. Heck of a lot more fun than the Peoria library.

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like your attitude flipping cactus land. Its all about getting out and enjoying the time. Any finds are just the frosting on the cake. I need to do the GPS the corner post my self. Bad knees makes it tough. But again if you don't make the best of it you never get out

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Slow pan,
Tomorrow night, wednesday,7 pm.
Behind the Apache Junction chamber of commerce.Phelps drive and the trail.
Link below

AJ Gpaa of AJ.

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Less than normal, but pretty to look at

Attachments

• 1453274094039.jpg
    1453274094039.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 76

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, We need to think about getting a T-Net group hunt set up in this area while the weather is cool. LOTS of ground that was claimed has opened up near me that we could hit. Just a thought of course but I think it could be a lot of fun. Let me know if you're interested!

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to finally meet you Road Runner. Look forward to doing some prospecting with you.

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok...I don't ask a lot, but has anyone ever crushed up black sands to be talc powder fine and then run through a blue bowl? I've done down to - 100. My girlfriend used my black sands for her first phase of rock polishing, now I'm trying to blue bowl those sands, or dust now and I've done several water changes...any ideas would be helpful

AZminer

Jan 21, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Guys,
I was on this forum as Tophunt, a name from another life and after only finding much less than a 10th of ounce in two years, seemed way-off.
So I was out to Bumble Bee King on Sunday with my fellow Roadrunner buddy with his 4" dredge. There was lots of water which is still a bit cloudy.
We got set up and dredged for a while when the water became to muddy to see through. Checked upstream but didn't find anyone on our club claim, so we packed up and came home. Looking forward to next time.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok...I don't ask a lot, but has anyone ever crushed up black sands to be talc powder fine and then run through a blue bowl? I've done down to - 100. My girlfriend used my black sands for her first phase of rock polishing, now I'm trying to blue bowl those sands, or dust now and I've done several water changes...any ideas would be helpful

I normally grind my black sands till they're like talc but I don't use a blue bowl. I currently amalgamate the gold out of them but am considering going to a miller table instead.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Guys,
I was on this forum as Tophunt, a name from another life and after only finding much less than a 10th of ounce in two years, seemed way-off.
So I was out to Bumble Bee King on Sunday with my fellow Roadrunner buddy with his 4" dredge. There was lots of water which is still a bit cloudy.
We got set up and dredged for a while when the water became to muddy to see through. Checked upstream but didn't find anyone on our club claim, so we packed up and came home. Looking forward to next time.

Mr T.

Long time, no talk. We should get together again soon. I have been so busy with work it isn't even funny. I found a good spot to work with the dredge, just need it to warm up a couple of months....I still got your number, I will give you a call in a couple of weeks. Hope all is well in your house!

K

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kaz.
Girishman,where you located at.Im East Valley.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions