AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now I have just read that we need permission from army corp of engineers, a POI, and no larger than 3 inch.
Is the 3 inch nozzle or hose size.

There are no such restrictions on dredging in Arizona.

As okbasspro pointed out the Roadrunner claims in the Bradshaw do have a 3" nozzle limit but that's their own doing, it doesn't apply unless you are on one of the Roadrunner claims.

Heavy Pans

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They are out! Watch your step...yea, I had to edit this, dumb autocorrect on my phone

Attachments

• 1463290016265.jpg
    1463290016265.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is almost time to get back out there. Been hot for a bit now.....

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agreed Kazcoro, good rains in the mountains so far should hopefully continue into the fall...I need to dig

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM 1000, Whites Goldmaster II, Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello to all the AZ members of Treasurenet

My name is Jim and I live in Glendale, AZ. I started gold prospecting in about 1981, panning, dredging, dry washing and detecting mostly in the Bradshaws, Quartzsite, and a few other remote areas. I gave it up when I got married in 1997. Not sure if I was thinking too clearly then...lol

I retired almost four years ago and I guess I started getting on my wife's nerves being around the house so much and what not. Any how I joined the Roadrunners again and thought I'd start looking for some yellar. I picked up a nice used Goldmater II off ebay and still have some pans and crevicing tools.

I have been out to the Little San Domingo area a couple of times in the last month or so. Man how things change in twenty years, memory and landmarks.

Hope you all don't mind if I tag along here on the forum. This old dog has high mileage but I'm still hitting on a few cylinders. lol

Thanks
Jim

Last edited:

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello to all the AZ members of Treasurenet

My name is Jim and I live in Glendale, AZ. I started gold prospecting in about 1981, panning, dredging, dry washing and detecting mostly in the Bradshaws, Quartzsite, and a few other remote areas. I gave it up when I got married in 1997. Not sure if I was thinking too clearly then...lol

I retired almost four years ago and I guess I started getting on my wife's nerves being around the house so much and what not. Any how I joined the Roadrunners again and thought I'd start looking for some yellar. I picked up a nice used Goldmater II off ebay and still have some pans and crevicing tools.

I have been out to the Little San Domingo area a couple of times in the last month or so. Man how things change in twenty years, memory and landmarks.

Hope you all don't mind if I tag along here on the forum. This old dog has high mileage but I'm still hitting a few cylinders. lol

Thanks
Jim

Welcome aboard

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okbasspro,
Thank you for the welcome. I see that your location shows Chickasha,Oklahoma. Small world, my dad was from Byars, OK and we have Chickasaw blood.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it still raining up in the Weaver and Bradshaws?

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okbasspro,
Thank you for the welcome. I see that your location shows Chickasha,Oklahoma. Small world, my dad was from Byars, OK and we have Chickasaw blood.

I go thru Byars on my way to dredge in SE Oklahoma I do pretty good for being where they say no gold exist. I also have a claim in Arizona that I dredge every year. Thanx to Clay Diggins and his great site Mylandmatters you need to check it out.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474931898.615274.jpg
Some okie shine

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That old Garrett ADS sure brought back memories. I bought one new back in '81 and sure had lots of fun with it out at Cave Creek AZ.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That old Garrett ADS sure brought back memories. I bought one new back in '81 and sure had lots of fun with it out at Cave Creek AZ.

I worked the Cave Creek area and 7 springs in '81 Jim. Never saw another prospector there but the west side around the Hassy Box got most of my time that year.

Heavy Pans

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Castle hot springs road is the road that goes north from Morristown. It's the road that goes through the Red Picacho and Old Woman Gulch RR claims. Always find placer gold there.

Hello Keith
Does the Roadrunners have a claim on the "Old Woman Gulch" area? Thanks, Jim

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I worked the Cave Creek area and 7 springs in '81 Jim. Never saw another prospector there but the west side around the Hassy Box got most of my time that year.

Heavy Pans

I worked cave creek and 7 springs in the mid 90s but Humbug got most of my attention when there was water

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man, that's some pretty nice Okie gold, especially where there ain't suppose to be any. :thumbsup:

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Heavy Pans

Clay,

I took spur cross road all the way back to where the road ended just past a little wooden corral I guess about 17 miles from the Cave Creek road. A guy named Jim Miller had the claim. Never got more than fines there. It was a good learning experience for me.

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I worked around Humbug a little in the late '80's and early '90's. As I recall, there was an old Chinese made aqua duct in that area. I liked that spot, now I believe that is all under water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions