AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I worked around Humbug a little in the late '80's and early '90's. As I recall, there was an old Chinese made aqua duct in that area. I liked that spot, now I believe that is all under water.

That would be China Dam it's still there it is just very fine dust there. I worked upper Humbug in some patented claims. Big chunky gold.

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM 1000, Whites Goldmaster II, Tesoro Bandido II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would be China Dam it's still there it is just very fine dust there. I worked upper Humbug in some patented claims. Big chunky gold.

Oh, upper Humbug. Worked there a little with some friends. Also Turkey and Crooks Canyon. Some pretty nice gold there, plus a little cooler in the pines. Was at upper Big Bug about two months ago, not much water there then and a little too warm for the liking.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drove into, and stopped in Humbug, before continuing on up to the Pero Bonito Gold Mine.

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video Terry.
Watching you all riding that mountain goat up there has already got my back to hurting. lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We used to trailer the horses to the north end of Lake Pleasant, then ride the old Jack Swilling Prescott trail up past Humbug and Cow Creek when I was a kid in the 1960s. My father would bring supplies to a friend of his that worked a claim in the Bradshaws, and the old guy would always give me a nugget!

Jim, my kidneys hurt for a week after that ride in and out. Gettin' old! :laughing7:

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Keith
Does the Roadrunners have a claim on the "Old Woman Gulch" area? Thanks, Jim

Hey there Jim. Welcome to the forum and to roadrunners. I am not sure about the old woman area. Did you get a set of maps showing the claims?

Keith

SandomingoJim

Sep 8, 2016
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there Jim. Welcome to the forum and to roadrunners. I am not sure about the old woman area. Did you get a set of maps showing the claims?

Keith

Hi Keith
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I have a set of maps from the Roadrunners Club. I use to be a life member shortly after the club formed but sold the membership after I got married. What was I thinking??? LOL Now since I retired, I joined again. San Domingo has been my favorite area to dry wash and detect. I have probably worked "Old Woman Gulch" and didn't even know it. For there are differing opinions as to its location. I have had some pointy fingers given to me by some of the old timers that were working the area in the early 1980's but have found more by sampling around and especially the old drywash piles that are barely visible now. It's fun to explore the rich history of that placer area. Jim

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like I'm going to be renting a trailer after Thanksgiving and driving from Phoenix to Saguaro Nat Park and Petrified Forest Nat Park. Any tips on public places I can visit to sluice, pan or dry-wash? Maybe even invites to stop in somewhere for a half day?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread