AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's always nice meeting people from T-Net in person. I'm really thinking that we don't have a single bad egg in the lot here. That you guys went out in that cold , had a good time and got some gold only makes it better.

Forums like this are one way (if not the best way) to meet people with the same interests that we can network with, learn from and share some good times!
See, this is what I am talking about.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keith,

I am in Tucson. Can't say when I will be slinging dirt again as I will be sideline for a while. I have lots of equipment and trying to figure out how I am going to haul everything once I and healthy enough to get back on paydirt. Maybe a trailer will be in the works soon for me.

Keith

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kaz.
I will have to call you after I get some of this work caught up with the solar.
Right now it looks as though i will have sat and Sun off.
Still have your number.
Will be joining GPAA this week.
I have my Toyota extra cab, 2 wheel drive PU.
Still have to get that blower you gave me running.
Have a whites goldmaster v/sat now also.
And my pans, and a sluice.
Will make the sluice recirculating in 2 weeks though.
After Christmas, its my boys present.

Oh ya guys or gals. I live over here by Queen Valley. East of Gold Canyon. East of Apache Junction.
I have so many people say (Where?).
After 2 weeks should be clear for a couple.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff the crazy Irishman here down in the S.E. corner of the state. I've been getting everything together to file a claim in the Greaterville area and that's almost ready for me to go to Tucson to get the paperwork taken care of.

Have a 12 inch X 4 ft re-circ highbanker as well as a 6 ft re-circ Long Tom
Choice of three trucks (F-150 F-350 and Toyota 1 ton long bed) and a 1 ton trailer.
MineLab X-Terra 705 detector w/ gold coil
plenty of pans and classifiers as well as the usual hand tools.
Semi-retired network installation tech so I know computers as well. Great tools for doing research into new areas.
Have been digging for gold off and on for 30 years

Once claim is filed I will be upgrading most of the equipment to something more on the heavy duty side. Looking into a 15 inch trommel and a Kobota loader/hoe to do the hard parts. Will be replacing the Toyota with a F-450 and adding a new larger trailer to haul the equipment to and from the claim.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone! I will be joining the GPAA very soon. I live in East Mesa and love to get out and camp and hike and hunt for gold and artifacts. I build my own dry washers and high bankers and concentrators and other equipment. My MD is an ancient Garrett Deepseeker. I have a hand cranked sampling dry washer and a blower powered model. I have no gas blower at the moment however. I like doing the crevicing thing mostly instead of digging a giant hole. I like to break up the bed rock with hammers and pry bars and I like to stop frequently and take pictures.

Attachments

• rust pyramid.jpg
    rust pyramid.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 284
  • garrett ads2.jpg
    garrett ads2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 299
  • group hug.jpg
    group hug.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 292
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The group hug thing is damn funny. That is an ancient piece of detecting equipment. Have you found anything with it?

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Roadrunner. You should give me a call this week. I got a line on an area up by Black Canyon that needs to be checked out. Looks like it will rain on Sat. Be really good to get in there on Sunday and run the detectors around. Open, unclaimed ground that supposedly gives up nuggets every time it is searched. I have to take my daughter in to the dentist on Sat, but I am planning on going out beeping on Sunday.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff and Keith. You guys live a bit of a ways away. I heard you guys were out east of Tucson not too long ago? Ever want to get up towards Wickenburg?

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff and Keith. You guys live a bit of a ways away. I heard you guys were out east of Tucson not too long ago? Ever want to get up towards Wickenburg?

I am thinking of getting a membership in your area and would like to come north. I have the gear, Gas Trommel, Recir. Sluice, Large Drywasher, Gas VacPac, 50 plus 5 gallon buckets, 15 gallon barrels, and all the other tools needed. What are some of the clubs that have great claims?

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Roadrunner has a sh%*ton. Over 200. If you decide to join Rodarunner, contact me. I can get you a cheap lifetime membership. About one third of the price.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
50 plus buckets? I am jealous. I had 20 plus, and I was cajoled into getting rid of them. And, what happened last week? I had to break down and buy two at Home Depot. Seems sacriligious. I have them by the dozens in the shop. UGG.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want to come up here, and have a truck,(I only got a car) I can take you out to Rich Hill or Vulture Mine as a guest. I like to shovel! Well, if it doesn't seem like work, I like to shovel.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I know. Good luck bud. Be careful you don't get hooked on those pain killers. I had a bad car accident last year, and refused pain killers. I think you will need them, but take it easy as you can.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Kaz

I'd be interested in heading up that way later. Right now with the holidays and such there's just no way I can get away. I'm also busy getting things ready to file for the claim, doing research and making sure all the ducks are lined up. Last thing I want is to have any hassles on this. I want to have the process finished up by mid-spring so I've got my work cut out for me.

Keith! Good luck on the surgery! Let me know when you can come back out to play!

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Roadrunner has a sh%*ton. Over 200. If you decide to join Rodarunner, contact me. I can get you a cheap lifetime membership. About one third of the price.

I am in Morristown near a bunch of RR claims. I have a truck and plenty of gear if you want to come to Morristown and check out some of those nearby RR claims. I would also be interested in a cheap membership to RR. I will be out of town until Jan 10, 2014. Most anytime after that I would be available.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good work, Kaz. I would very much like to here that you got several guys/gals to dig dirt together! That's what this site is all about! TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Woah !!! I love this site/link/whatever!!!!

I belong to the GPAA and the Weavers Mining Group. Looked into RR, but seemed a bit for me.
Lots of places to dig and only one lifetime. That's why I'm getting the kids involved. Lol. Besides, they like to dig and destroy.
Started out detecting, but then I bumped into a couple guys (TerryC and brother Tim). They showed me the light. So sluicing is my primary, but open to any aspects of chasing the gold/gems/minerals. Just love the outdoors.

I've talked to several of you guys already and even met a couple, and still have yet to go to a GPAA meeting. Lol. I love that we try to work together. Even try to help each other towards common goals.

I live in east Mesa now, but have been all over this state hunting, fishing, and playing prospector. Finally started prospecting (March officially) due to disability. So I'm always trying to get out. As long as no dr appointments, kids school things, or wife complaining gets in the way. She knows that I do this for the family and my own well being.
So anybody can contact me if they want to hunt the hills or even swing detectors nearby.

Got a 10"x48" power sluice (recirc), Gold Buddy highbanker, Garrett ATG (till I get next unit), and buckets, pans, tools. Haven't done dry sluicing yet, but next on list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread