What did you do with your gold prospecting equipment today?

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Simple question. This is a good place to share ideas and reviews. You bought a new piece of equipment. Let us know what you bought and how it worked. Does it need modification? Did it work as advertised? I will start and let you all know that i asked for a Gold Magic recovery system from Pro- Gold Prospecting right here in AZ as a X-mas gift. What did you do with your gold prospecting equipment today?

Upvote 0

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so here is what I did with it yesterday... and this is only a small shovel, pry bar, pan, and classifier... 3 pans total...
20140817_182237.jpg
I LOVE my spot! Found it on Google Earth :headbang:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Out for a weekend war on gold and got 120 miles into the trip when I realized I left the motor and pump on the workbench at home. Fortunately my partners wife agree to get in ad meet us halfway. Not the first time I set camp by lantern, wont be the last

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to use some of mine to winch boulders outta the road as HUGE MASSIVE tree falls as the drought kills 1,000 year old giants. Road now atv/mini trucks only as tree trunk in the road is higher than my hood of my truck. Shoveled like crazy and winched like a madman to get through with multiple reversals. Tree falls and dying all over. sic sic sic-John

Attachments

• DSCN0875.JPG
    DSCN0875.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Generic 30" keene/jobe/royal-style sluice with flare, riffles, expanded metal, moss matt under riffles..
California Bucket Sluice concentrator
want: falcon pinpoint detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Simple question. This is a good place to share ideas and reviews. You bought a new piece of equipment. Let us know what you bought and how it worked. Does it need modification? Did it work as advertised? I will start and let you all know that i asked for a Gold Magic recovery system from Pro- Gold Prospecting right here in AZ as a X-mas gift. What did you do with your gold prospecting equipment today?

[thread revival]

I classified some material which was stored in tupperware for months.

It was highly dry, so it poured through the 30 mesh, and much of it through the 50, easy peasy, 16-20oz material!

The 100--well that thing is my bane so far .. it clogs like nobodys business. Coughed from the dry dust trapped in it tonight, then poured that in the bucket with everything it catches above & below this useless p.o.s. .. I hate my 100mesh classifier!

I wonder if anyone REALLY gets sub-100 particles classified at all without using gobs of CLEAN fresh water under pressure ..?

I need a kiddie pool to run inside, or a big plastic construction container! Downstairs living room here I come!

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Generic 30" keene/jobe/royal-style sluice with flare, riffles, expanded metal, moss matt under riffles..
California Bucket Sluice concentrator
want: falcon pinpoint detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I put my gold panning kit to the side today and upgraded to a gold panning machine to save my muscles. I'm considering going for a highbanker next since I work in streams quite a bit... honestly I want to try every kind of gold prospecting equipment there is! I live in Oregon so I have a lot of opportunities to try different kinds of methods in different areas. Hopefully I'll have more to add to this post soon!

Hell rent me the dredge and the claimspace, sell me soda's while I'm there, and I won't litter the place up & won't leave holes to break legs on... You can make a buck to buy a trommel or some crap.. Which I can rent next time.. Yehaw! Wouldn't it be great to rent some of this stuff before investing in it?

Or buy used.. Power of the internet, let's us all post shtuff for each other to buy.. Shocking idea, right?

I was asking a thread mod today if I could post a classified..

I got a pal with a killa rock crusher avail.. New for used price!

Need to liven things up here, and come together to help each other!

/soapbox.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What did I do with my gold gear today? I gave my miller table a big hug and a kiss as I was going out the door on my way to work. I will be working late tonite but we are going to be spending quality time together when I get home.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thought about how lonely it must be sitting at home while I tell a customer that when we get in more high bankers one will be reserved for him. And then I wished that I had a Bazooka.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ran my Bazooka Rospector today, had a great time on a sunny 50+ degree day in metro Denver... water sure is cold tho!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread