Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good Morning,

First off, I thoroughly enjoy reading everybodys posts. It has been a learning experience. I have been lurking on the forum for the most part "listening" instead of "talking".

About 4 years ago I got hooked on prospecting. I started out with a detector like a lot of noobies. I didn't realize at the time how difficult is was to find that first nugget--still waiting. Eventually I bought a drywasher and joined the Roadrunners Prospecting Club. I have never got skunked drywashing--not a lot of gold, but at least something in the pan even a few pickers from time to time. I have spent most of my time in the Morristown and Vulture areas due close proximity. I have done a bit of hi banking in the Bumble Bee area last March.

Anyway, to the point. It looks like drywashing is out of the question for the time being, which is a big bummer. So now what? Nugget shooting, recirculating sluice, hibank where there is running water? I would like to find that first nugget with the detector (don't have a Minelab) Does the Rich Hill area offer one a better chance or has it been thoroughly hunted. I'd like to check that area out but don't know where to start. Same goes for Quartzsite. Any other suggestions? NOT looking for X on a map.

Thanks,
Hawk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rich Hill is still giving up nice nuggets! We get a lot of flake with recirculating sluices as well. Join a club out there (Weaver and Y-Not), and get you some!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread