Who is going to the GPAA EXPO in Mesa, Az - January 18th & 19th 2014

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
EXPO.jpg

Are You Attending The GPAA Expo Mesa, Arizona?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My diggin partner and I may go if we don't get on some better ground before then. You gonna be there Keith?

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Stan, for $5.00 for the ticket and a drive up north I plan on it. Never been there and like to go just to see the equipment to gather ideas. I am not one to purchase as I like to build. Who knows maybe win a door prize. Plus gives me an opportunity to blow the carbon out of the Tundra and enjoy a day or two away from the boredom of hanging out at home with the recovery.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I may pick up a copy of Clay (Barry) Diggins maps.

The FootPrints maps/programs are super cool. I want to get the Greaterville edition so I can get a bit familiar with the area before I come down there and check it out.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We still need to be able to find each other. :dontknow:

I'll be easy to spot - I'm the handsome one with the crowd of hot chicks following me around. :thumbsup:

AZViper is the one with the gimp wing. :cat:

I know what SL Nugget looks like. :blackbeard:

Maybe the rest of you could carry a flag? :flag_red:

or a party hat? :occasion18:

:laughing7:

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
f I get my truck fixed I will go.Sux with just 1 vehicle. Never been there.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We still need to be able to find each other. :dontknow:

I'll be easy to spot - I'm the handsome one with the crowd of hot chicks following me around. :thumbsup:

AZViper is the one with the gimp wing. :cat:

I know what SL Nugget looks like. :blackbeard:

Maybe the rest of you could carry a flag? :flag_red:

or a party hat? :occasion18:

:laughing7:

I have made great progress in my rehab. Still not much strength in the shoulder but I am not to be lifting anything until P/T begins on strengthening the muscles in the shoulder. So it may be difficult to locate me if I am not in a sling, but if I am in a sling you will know who I am...

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got word that Chris Ralph will be giving a talk on Placer Geology at the GPAA Mesa show. :icon_thumright:

Chris is the associate editor of the ICMJ Mining Journal, a major geologist, the author of the best gold prospecting book you can buy Fists Full of Gold and a genuinely nice guy. This talk is going to be chock full of great information from a guy who really knows his stuff. Don't miss it.

He will be speaking at 2:00 pm on Saturday the 18th.

See you there.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got word that Chris Ralph will be giving a talk on Placer Geology at the GPAA Mesa show. :icon_thumright:

Chris is the associate editor of the ICMJ Mining Journal, a major geologist, the author of the best gold prospecting book you can buy Fists Full of Gold and a genuinely nice guy. This talk is going to be chock full of great information from a guy who really knows his stuff. Don't miss it.

See you there.

Great my stay at the show has just gotten extended. LOL

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will be attending on Saturday after stopping by JustBent Shop in northern Phoenix.

Is that right next to the Roadrunner office? Sounds familiar.

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

See you there.

My digging pard and I are planning to be there Sat. Thanks for the headsup Mr. Diggins :-) Looking forward to putting some faces with names. Is someone organizing a meeting spot and time? I realize organizing this bunch is like herding cats but..........?

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope to be over at the expo around the time the doors open. From the Deer Valley area I suppose I will take the 101 east to Broadway Rd. exit and head east to North Center St. then head north. Not from the area but this looks like the best route to take. GPS will tell me differently by having me take the 202 over to North Country Club Dr.

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
I will be there too...... Saturday some time in the am.
Roadrunner (Matt) cmon your a good mechanic. get that truck running. Your about the only one i can put a face to....LOL
Joe

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A&B is about 5 miles east of there.

Bass Pro is at the 202 & dobson. 6, 7 miles west northish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread