TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Granted it came from a labtop computer but it took alot of effort to get :D anywho what can i do with this or is it just shiny junk? now im getting into prospecting just for the hobby of it i got me a 17pc prospecting pan kit came with 3 screens 3 pans 2 trowels etc, i have a turbo pan , an 8lb earth magnet for separating black sands if im lucky enough to find any,and i have a 30" portable sluice box coming. where does one begin looking for gold i have lots of natural streams and rivers around me im located in between the Catskill mountains and the Appalachian mountains, more to the catskill side in monticello. i know its here, im not lookking to get rich, just trying to amuse myself and be more outdoors. also is my electronics gold ok to practice pan with? if i were to mix it with some dirt would i be able to recover it in my little sluice or my pans for the sake of learning technique ?? 1524916_10151849357645732_735635785_n.jpg 1525316_10151849357690732_1781779287_n.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks i checked it out, sounds like risky business for a handful of gold plated metals lol, how about my idea on using it to practice pan?

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
If the gold is still on the printed board it's not going to act right in the pan. Too many weird angles and surfaces to catch water and it will be thrown around all over the pan. You might want to consider getting a bag of concentrates from a place lik Gold Hog down in Georgia. Doc there is a really good guy and will treat ya right. Makes for some good practice and you can catch the tailings and reuse them over and over again by putting the gold back into them.

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS ill look them up and see how much a bag is goin for. so moving on to the prospecting portion how does one know where to look lol

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
In New York? Beats the carp outta me. I was under the impression that in New York State all gold is SUPPOSED to belong to the state. You might want to check into that. I can tell ya areas in 9 different states to look for gold in but N.Y isn't one of them.

OP
OP
T

TankerRobbie

Sep 22, 2013
Duncannon, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT.
Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are correct it does "belong" to the state but nothing says i cant go looking for it :D so that issue aside when you are looking at a brook stream river etc what characteristics does one look for before sinking a shovel

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find. I wish I could have found as much yesterday. :happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread