New Years Day Gold

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My brother had today off so we hit the river. I was supposed to hike out my sluice yesterday but I ended up elsewhere.. Anyway its not common for me and my brother to run across people at are dig sites other then a handful of other Local fulltimers. Anyway we walk up on the dig site and notice 2 other prospectors upriver looking for a place to cross.. 2 men two sluices my brother even mentioned that he thought it was odd both were carrying sluice boxes well sure enough my sluice and small shovel was gone.. Well I walked over to them and sure enough my sluice was on the ground not to far from them.. Two younger men early twenties liven out of the car.. When I inquired about my sluice they said that where it was is where they found it. Anyway other then that they seemed decent enough maybe a little integrity issues but for today no real harm done. They were looking to make some money and were new to prospecting.. They asked me to help with their remaining sluice box in proper setup.. I was quick as I was late for work but told them to stop by my site a little later and make use of the propane heater me and my brother brought.... They did but it was afternoon they said they smelled something in the air. I'm sure they did. Anyway my brother showed him his snuffer and was also in the middle of the crack in the vid so they hung around and watched him kill it only 1 and half pans of dirt the second pan was good as well. about 20minutes my brother messed around with that crack. Well after he was done one of the guys was making a trip back to his car to get a hammer and crowbar.. We parted ways.. My brother and I dug for a few more hours and called it.. I went ahead and hiked out my sluice and stuff.. I got like 3 days of concentrates in the garage. I am gonna try to get it done tonight.. But I am tired.. Anyway I hope all started off the New Year on a good foot.. I am excited for this year.. Well good luck and happy hunting....

Upvote 0

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, a good Lesson learned. Thanks. I had some miners ask me about mine yesterday.

keepmehumblelord

Jan 10, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been waiting for another video and here it is! Great vid! Marshall I would consider a old time miner even though he is young but the experience he has from being out on the river daily goes to show with the results in his pan. Crevicing is very profitable in the california rivers especially when you hit those 1/4 oz pockets from time to time. If you have never creviced then i suggest giving it a try as you only need a few tools and plenty of water and snacks!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks MM. That second video starts out so nice...:sunny: Ain't it fine to see gold in the sample as soon as you dig it up? Glad you got your chit back without incident. Predators, officers and thieves, oh my!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread