California TN weekend!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, no signs of P Oak yet..... and the gold can STAY under that plant. I got four small pickers on the back side of some river bedrock... all within two feet of a good crop of that weed! I am currently staying just across into Louisianna for the night, heading back to FL. Gotta catch the SHIPWRECK gig here. I left CA Monday morning.... pushing hard. Should have 13 hours more to drive tomorrow.... Wed. TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, no signs of P Oak yet..... and the gold can STAY under that plant. I got four small pickers on the back side of some river bedrock... all within two feet of a good crop of that weed! I am currently staying just across into Louisianna for the night, heading back to FL. Gotta catch the SHIPWRECK gig here. I left CA Monday morning.... pushing hard. Should have 13 hours more to drive tomorrow.... Wed. TTC

I hope I never have the pleasure of meeting that unpleasant weed!

You are pushing it hard. Be sure to arrive safely.

All the best,

Lanny

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang Terry you're a busy guy! Glad to meet you. You are a fine sir and an inspiration to us younger guys! You must have goldar to home into the yellow so quickly. Glad you got some biggies to take home! Our 10 or so pieces came in at 0.25 grams. Gotta get a few hundred more of them in the vial! Good to hear you didn't get "oaked" either win/win situation!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry got good flakes and not even on bedrock...Aufisher and Hangtown pulled some cool chunky stuff from the bedrock.....it will still be several years before we barely make a dent in the material tha'ts there to dig. Glad you guys from out of town had a chance to come dig on our claim. Cool you got some color too. maybe one day we can do it again.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bump for El Gato

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry got good flakes and not even on bedrock...Aufisher and Hangtown pulled some cool chunky stuff from the bedrock.....it will still be several years before we barely make a dent in the material tha'ts there to dig. Glad you guys from out of town had a chance to come dig on our claim. Cool you got some color too. maybe one day we can do it again.
I have no doubts we will do it again. I'll have to show you where Tim and I (and now others) find the yeller around Rich Hill! Gerry, from Indiana, took home about $178 worth his first day at the hill. He's been back several times since. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Terry you're a busy guy! Glad to meet you. You are a fine sir and an inspiration to us younger guys! You must have goldar to home into the yellow so quickly. Glad you got some biggies to take home! Our 10 or so pieces came in at 0.25 grams. Gotta get a few hundred more of them in the vial! Good to hear you didn't get "oaked" either win/win situation!
"Homing in" on the gold so quickly DID NOT OCCUR OVER NIGHT! The basic knowledge comes from experience that is only gained by being there. The basics are applicable where ever gold is found. The fact that gold will accumulate behind (downstream) larger rocks in the river is a no brainer. The "back-swirl" effect just past large obstructions can be very productive. I am NOT talking down to you, Aufisher, just expounding to help the "newbies". Take care, my friend. TTC

Geochemdog

Greenie
Mar 22, 2014
Norcal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 925448 Count me in. We could do a big group at Salmon Falls on the south fork American. Always get some color

I can second that, im 30 minutes from there, was out two weekends ago with the lady, working a thin 1/4 inch crack that opened up to 1/2 or 3/4 inch, found some good color for a few table spoons of material.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did someone say TNET WEEKEND?

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about this weekend!?.. To all who attended the April 5th and 6th tnet weekend, a special invite will be sent to you via private message by tonight so please check your inbox..

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Party on! HTD!

Last edited:

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That we will AU! Sorry it's a bit last minute but you fellas won't want to miss this. Details will be sent via PM...

Last edited:

usher21

Mar 28, 2014
Modesto, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter "the Outback"
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Count me in! I'm in Modesto. Um, I miight have to drag the wife and kids- my son is getting into prospecting! SWEET!! He's 6!!! Good peeps, good food, good suds....GOOD TIMES!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In town Terry?

PaulieNoNuggets

Dec 21, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd like to come and dig a few holes with the Tnet crew, if you've room for one more. I was hoping to get out to the last one, but had too much stuff going on (missed the mining summit too - doh!).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread