Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent Brass eagle a P.M. so he can keep me in the loop on if we can camp there. I still think that The public spots n Coloma/Lotus are great. It would be nice for the fellas who have never been to the discovery site. And appropriate. The only issue is there are only private campgrounds. I drive through twice daily so I can physically start going to offices and try to find a group site. I promise if we end up doing this here we will be absolutely stocked on firewood, I CAN GET A KEG FROM WORK!!!!!....Heck maybe i'll take charge of the cooking one night8-) If we push it into Late February early March we may be able to set this up really well. Maybe we should set it the same date as the ICMJ Mining summit that is in Placerville. It is April 5th and 6th....( wifes birthday weekend I'm getting brave/stupid here)....Steve Herschbach is speaking...as well as many others. A good chance to buy gear and see things first hand you have only seen online maybe. I am going to one of the Hands on offsite trips as well. I feel like this would make one of the better prospecting, mining, history weekends a fella may get a chance at for actually pretty cheap.

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
Goldwasher and others gold miners. I talked to the property owner and it is OK with him. We would need to respect the land and owners rights... With that said, I think it would be a blast!!! at a Gold miners Bash.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
I think that we are now talking about two different outings. I am new here to TN and i do not want to step on anybodys toes but i am going to start a new thread regarding " a TN Nor Cal day in the river ". I am also interested in a weekend outing when the weather gets better.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we were just trying to set a date and the weekend of the Mining summit seems like a great weekend. I have no desire to set any sort of Itinerary for any one to follow, I just thought some of the people considering coming would like the chance to camp near the river, do some prospecting and hit a cool prospecting related trade-show/seminar if they felt so inclined. We have been offered a place to set up a camp already. If you guys are itching for an outing sooner go for it. I don't have to camp if its on the American. I will say if you guys are wanting to camp before March be ready for some cold nights and Icy riverside conditions. I will help set up The weekend of April 5th if there is enough interest. And will try to meetup at any outing that gets set up prior to that but, just as an participant.

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
we were just trying to set a date and the weekend of the Mining summit seems like a great weekend. I have no desire to set any sort of Itinerary for any one to follow, I just thought some of the people considering coming would like the chance to camp near the river, do some prospecting and hit a cool prospecting related trade-show/seminar if they felt so inclined. We have been offered a place to set up a camp already. If you guys are itching for an outing sooner go for it. I don't have to camp if its on the American. I will say if you guys are wanting to camp before March be ready for some cold nights and Icy riverside conditions. I will help set up The weekend of April 5th if there is enough interest. And will try to meetup at any outing that gets set up prior to that but, just as an participant.

Goldwasher,
I think a weekend combining the trade show/summit and camping next to the river and getting in some sluicing and panning is a great idea. Count me in

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
I like that idea too. Are we going to consider family (kids) or not this time. I can understand both ways. Sounds like some want to cut loose (a keg has been mentioned) and if that is the case I'll leave the kids home.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I did mention a keg..:headbang:.but, honestly not to get wild more for the thrift factor if like 8 to 20 people were having some brews I just have access to a set up and can have pretty much whatever I want in the realm of beer ordered. Prospecting with a hangover and or getting plowed in front of newly physical, ex-cyber prospector buddies is not on my list of things to do that weekend. As far as families I don't care, I have a wife and three kids. We have to be realistic about the Impact of a weekend at Brass Eagles location if it is chosen as camp. I know we will all leave it spotless but, what about the sanitary issue? Like I said if we need to find a campground I'll look into it If there are wives and kids they tend to like at least an enclosed hole in the ground with a T.P. holder. If its just the Fellas then well...Brass Eagles spot sounds good to me. I know Hangtowndiggins will get in on this with me..and several others have said they are gonna do it so I'm gonna keep doing what I can so we can put at least a small gathering together on that weekend. If your not there...You are square:tongue3:

rolltideRN

Jan 2, 2014
Visalia ,CA and Robertsdale AL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to join. Dont have much to offer except labor and medical if someone gets injured. I am a traveling nurse thats in the area and would love to be able to prospect for a lil gold. Let me know when and I will do my best to be there.

Barrett
RollTideRN

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
There is enough room here to set up a camp for the wife and kids and the crusty gold miners. We can rent a %hit house, we have a punkin patch ever year for a mouth and rent them for the lady's and kids. I don't think the land owner would want to pay for them, but I will check with him to see how much they are per week. Goldwasher if you are in the Granite Bay area come by and I will show you the ranch.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
During the Mining Summit would be good for Ruby and I. Not sure how long we could stay, just depends on how many obligations we commit to for the Summit.

We are always equipped to camp but I'm thinking Ruby is probably going to want a hot shower and a warm bed after doing the Summit. I'll know more after the next week as to what our schedule will be for that month.

Miners eating together is always a good thing. A camp would be great. If we pool our resources and keep things clean we might just create a tradition for the future.

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love having kids around but mine will be in school. I always keep the language clean and the eyes white while in the presence of children.

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Only if you promise not to kick my Keene while I'm off digging. Would love to run them side by side and compare performance.
If everyone ends up near Coloma I'm sure the Bazooka Crew would want to come through with sluices (and beers) in tow..

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Brasseagle, does the host have a calendar preference for our visit? If we all chip in $10 towards a Porta-Potty that should be plenty. I volunteer for the cleanup crew, I'm good at that.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey brass Eagle work in Cameron park. Granite bay Isn't far I will get in touch with you and set up a meeting so we can look at it. we can find out about the porta potty and figure out how we can split the cost up before that weekend.If everyone wants to settle on that weekend in April we can really get the ball rolling. We can get a few of the local guys here to maybe hit the property and do some extra pre cleanup. I like clay diggins Idea of it becoming a possible tradition.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
The weekend of April 5-6 is what we are considering? So should we take a head count? In or out for that weekend then confirm the spot or search for another. Just trying to keep the ball rolling. I am in for that date.

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in for the 5th & 6th.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread