California TN weekend!

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I frequent the bridge area and upstream often as I live close by. Watch out using pry bar near the bridge as rangers do show up there at times. On the books the area from the bridge 2 miles upstream is hands and pans only. Not many people follow the rules thou.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went and checked out the ranch nice spot kind of urban but, can't beat the price If anyone has any Ideas or leads on a morr forested spot near Placerville for cheap let us know.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, fellas I actually found a spot right in Lotus/Coloma.......Free with Bathrooms and BBQs....I know the owner and she said we are more than welcome....So if you guys wanna camp out near the dig spot, and close to Placerville this is it...BONUS...it is in/on an old Hydraulic Mine....and has a creek running through it that we will be allowed to pan in. I would like to keep it to panning and poking around as I don't think the owner realizes quite what we are capable of:headbang: I like Brasseagles spot. yet this one is closer to where we want to set up the common dig. Let me know what you guys think

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds ultimate to me, and sounds like a score Goldwasher! That location being close to home I could help a lot with the whole event from start to finish and no go broke (truck is a gas hog)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds bad ass Goldwasher! I will keep my 16 shooter under the shoulder lol

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like Brasseagle's spot and this one sounds like it might be a good spot also. I like the idea of poking around as it is one of my favorite things to do and I can coast downhill from Placerville to Folsom and save some gas money myself.....Maybe the setup crew can get an advanced peek at the place so we can do some planning if this is in the running...

GM

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always down to split gas Mojo!

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Goldwasher,
Sounds like the perfect location for that weekend. Thanks for finding it.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always down to split gas Mojo!

That would be cool. I enjoy your company. I wonder what gas would be with five in the cab and six in the back.....

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We could walk up from Salmon Falls lol!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a good spot guys, I asked already and Jeff can bring his trailer. Sutters Mill and the State park boundary within a Mile or so. Public river access legal to dig like 3 to 5 miles depending on where we decide. Gas station with store about a mile. 6.5 miles from my house and 15 to 20 minutes to Placerville. Access to highway 49 from Auburn and Placerville/Shingle Springs exits. REAL FLUSHING TOILET.....for the families. There is a nice park and playground like a half mile down the road.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How many people do you think it will accommodate?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 or more Trailers ok...theres barely 10 for sures right now. I live right down the road so I don't have to camp there if I need to free up any space.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Lotus Geologist

Jan 6, 2014
Lotus/Coloma, California
Detector(s) used
MXT, TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I guess I will have to stop in as I think I am the closest to the camp location... I live about 1 mile from the proposed campsite in Coloma! Good job on finding what sounds like a much better location Goldwasher.

I will definately be at the Mining Summit in Placerville on Saturday (as well as the field trip to the Iowa Hill claim on Friday). Could twist my arm to get out and do some sluicing or panning on Sunday, unless the river is real high which would mean I would be enjoying the whitewater in my kayak.

L.G.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions