fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This has to be nipped in the bud! As land users this is a no win for us both. I'm both a miner and avid outdoorsman, I fish and I hunt. I'm involved in the conservation and preservation of all of them. Having some understanding of the behind the scenes politics, I can say with certainty that the fisherman are once again being taken for a ride. I personally believe their thinking that by supporting the very organizations that have attacked them, they will be left alone in the future. We know better! Heck ask the State of California, they have a pretty decent track record for being double crossed and sued by the Center for Biological Diversity. I can name two times off the top of my head that "The Center" has attacked the sport fishing industry. First being the fish stocking programs, and the second being the "non native" Stripers. I'm not going to go into a debate about either of these as it is not relevant. What is relevant is that we as miners have more education and awareness as to what is really happening. We can see that they will be next not exempt. Right now it would be real easy to jump in knee deep and go at it with the fisherman. If we do the Enviro's win, it's what they want and need. Please, now more then ever try and educate these folks and seek their involvement and help. What they need to understand is -like mining they have an entire industry that depends on land access to provide jobs and incomes for people. It comes down to the fact that it's not a hobby for them either!

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Miners clean up after the fishermen, whether they know it or knot (lol). Your spot on, we need to team up against the green nazis. Divided we fall!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya and agree but when all this originally came down,and I seen the Fishing groups that were involved,I contacted them,pointing out that we clean up the lead they leave and do no harm to the fish....and I backed it up with facts)I was hung up on,called a liar,and the Flyfishing groups told me that I do nothing for them as they do not use lead........it is sad,but I have to tell you I have made my living from the out doors and have been on boards,committees,and a member to more groups than I can shake a stick.Its always at each others throats.....the muzzloader hunters mad at the rifle hunters,the bow hunters mad at the rifle hunters,the traditional archers after the modern bows,the houndsmen after the trappers....I shoot carp with bow and arrow......huge help to all game fish.......right now there are Bass groups trying to get us stopped........I swear they take this from me they might as well lock me up cause I will be flat out of things to do...legally

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen Kuger as over 90% of cash that has been utilized to kill dredging,perform artificial bio studies,formulate hate groups to kill mining are fishermen fed. Now I'm supposed to turn the other cheek BS- as ye sow--so shall ye reap and NOW whose sniveling hahahaha-John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't ironic that the recreational and professional fishing groups whose sole mission is to kill as many fish as is legal are pointing the finger at us as bad for fish:dontknow::icon_scratch::dontknow::icon_scratch::dontknow::icon_scratch::dontknow::icon_scratch::dontknow::icon_scratch:

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't and won't argue with anything that has been said. Kuger nailed it, the in-fighting is killing everyone. So now what? Still doesn't change the fact that in the end this is a battle about access not activities. The activities are simply stepping stones to their end goal. Kuger, myself, and many other miners fish, but I would never lump any of us into the all inclusive category of "fisherman" you all speak of. Like mining there are many sub groups. The majority (the audience we need) of fisherman are common sense folk who have no problem with mining what so ever. Fisherman like every other group has that 10% sub group, that F-it up for everyone else. They don't want dredging, h-ll they don't want artificial lures, live bait, trolling, spinning gear, stocked planter fish or outboard motors, they don't think fish should be eaten, they want all fishing catch and release, and consider it a sin to catch anything but a "native" fish. They like the rest of the 10% groups across the nation are cutting their own throats and are so stuck in their own inflated self importance they don't see it. That group cannot be changed and I'm not gonna waste my time trying. However the fisherman left, that 90%, I'm going to do all I can to educate, and join the fight. They represent millions of people, where we represent thousands. That is a lot of votes and voices. We can not afford to alienate or ignore them.
I've started visiting the fishing forums and websites, trying to spread some awareness and education as to what is really happening. I have yet to receive any negative feedback. I'm not nieve to the fact that it will come, the 10% read there as well. What I'm hearing, is when the issues are explained and the facts are backed up, folks get it. In fact unlike our recent fund raising censorship here, the moderators of their forums have asked what they can to do to help, and offered up their platforms. If 10 out of say 250-500 that read the threads I post in join PLP, DRA, or WMA -It is a worthwhile effort and I know I'm making a positive difference. The past is the past, previous methods may have been ineffectual or flat out didn't work, so we keep trying new ones until we find what does. To paraphrase Thomas Edison- "I've never failed, but I did try 10,000 things that didn't work."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread