My highbanker build

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here is my homemade highbanker i built out of some spare aluminum and other materials around my house and my proline stream sluice. since i am new to the field of highbanking i am wondering if anyone more experienced notices any issues with the design? any advice would be great, i plan on using it asap when the creeks thaw out.
Website 1.jpg

Upvote 0

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good.

you may have trouble raking rocks off the grizzly with the bottom spray bar there, but if you do that's easily changed.

Good job, good luck.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
looks like it oughta work fine! on my old HB spray bar i made a cleanout for sand and gravel inside of the PVC tubes, because itll eventually get sand in there and theyll get stuck in the spraybar holes.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the 360 angle for the spray bars. I just may have to experiment with that. And russau is right on about a clean out required...and something to poke in the holes would be handy too.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
how is your spray bar cleanout constructed? i have been worried about how to get sand and other debris out of the bars when it does start to clog up.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's really cool, nice build!

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
okay thanks for the advice on the clean out, its definitely something ill have to take a look at doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread