Creating IOS application

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am thinking of creating a IOS Ipad/Iphone application useful while prospecting. My idea is to document your findings and trip. The following my be included:
Document your trip
Set date and gps location
Add pics of site and finds
Feature to search for a specific trip/location by keyword

More functions as I think of the needs.

Question:

Will this application be useful and of interest to the prospecting community ?
Any other features ?

Thanks for any input.

Upvote 0

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great, each users info would need to be secure, as I don't think everyone would want to share their secret spots. Maybe the ability to set your locations to public or private in your user settings. Just a thought!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As a way to keep a miners journal this sounds great. I would also want to be able to choose whether my location was visible or not...

Last edited:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure it would be it would be "useful and of interest", but I don't think folks with significant findings are going to post their locations with any degree of accuracy. This is a very helpful community but there are many reasons for keeping your cards close to your vest, perhaps the least of which is other miners knowing your location.

Mike

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you even read this Forum? Go ahead ask for a decent place to get some gold!! I am willing to bet that before the day is done you will have multiple locations near you given to you by members.. Not just locations but any other help we can muster!!! Plus I am pretty sure Tnet has an app for the phone.. Plus a lot more information given here then just places to go...

You asked if it would be useful or valuable to prospectors most likely not. I mean really what USEFULL INFORMATION would it really have.. I rather to talk to the local prospector shop or club as the information is less likely to be BULLSHIT.. Crazy Days!!! Sometimes I wonder if people actually know what Prospecting is?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would anybody want to keep any kind of info on their phone that anybody,that knows what theyre doing,can get into it.Not to mention NSA,FBI,DHS,etc,etc.:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread